Sign in to follow this  

I think I'm getting a 2 stroke....

I'v been looking at the local trade posts, and all the ads for a good xr dirtbike are sold or they decided to keep it. Anyways I found a 2002 KX100 for $1,600, The description is..."GOOD cond., Bark Buster, Renthal Bars, Pro Action suspension". Sounds like a really good deal! I'v been hearing really good reviews about it for track and trails, I'm thinking "the hell with it!". They still have it, and tomorrow we'll ask for directions so we can take a look at it and maybe buy it. Its in Norfolk so I dont think I can test ride it at an open place.

Ok some questions about it... How often would I have to change the tranny oil if I'm just doing normal trail rides, and how long would it run on a full tank of gas? (stock tank)

i'd say every 4 or 5 rides or every race on the tranny oil. every 2 or 3 rides for the air filter.

i think the KX/RM100s have a 1.8-9 gallon tank with no reserve, so i'd say you could easily go 35+ miles, probably more like 45. it all depends on how you twist that right hand.

jeremiah

Aahh dammit they sold it! How about a CR500? theres one in my area for $1,600. Dont know what year model it is.

Naw I'm trying to find one local. I dont think I should get the 500, that would be too much power right? I havent riddin a bike for a while.

Hey I just talked to a guy that has an 89 Yamaha 350 on and off road, I'm assuming its a TT350, he wants $1,200 for it. He said it runs good no problems, and so clean it doesn't look like an 89.

I think you should buy This Bike

thats a super nice deal. If i had the money id buy it from u in an instant

Something is wrong here. :cry:

You start out by looking at a KX100 and after it's not available move into the CR500? :cry:

:cry: :cry: :lol:

I was thinking about it, "had a CRF450, too much power, CR500...that would be deadly, TT 350 duall sport...yeeeaaahh" :cry: And its a four stroke!