Sign in to follow this  

Ricky On a SUZUKI...PICS Inside

Something is disorienting about that. The Suzi looks good. :cry:

If you''ll notice Ricky shaved off that bizarre looking stubble that caused him to look like an impish character from a Harry Potter film. :cry:

Deffinately looks all business. :cry:

if you notice that is mike G standing by the bike. its good to see that he moved to SUZUKI.

Had to rip all the Honda logos of his clothes also :cry: :cry:

can you paint this thing red?"

Do the trainers and mechanics ususally follow the racers???

The reports are it was a hard decision for Goose to leave Honda after many years of working for them. He is leaving Honda for what might only be a 2 year deal with Suzuki, which is how long RC's contract goes.

The fact his son also switched from a Honda ride to a Suzuki ride might have helped.

Didn't McGrath bring along his mechanic?

Didn't McGrath bring along his mechanic?

No, Skip Norfolk didn't come with McGrath to Suzuki. But he was called in halfway through the season. Wyatt Seals was MC's mechanic when he moved to Suzuki.

yeah, MC eventually brought along his longtime honda tuner skip norfolk when he switched 2 zook. ricky will have an easier time w/ the switch then mcgrath did, simply b/c the rm 250 really is a competetive bike. i don't think the same could be said in for the bike in '97. i remember them having a hell of a time tryin' 2 dial in the production conventional style fork that suzuki ran from 96-99. i think he eventually opted 4 the inverted style.

i wonder how he'll like having 2 run pro-tapers...riders can be very finicky when it comes 2 bars.

run like a honda????? why would he want it slower?

you guys are funny. :cry: ever ridden a rm250?

they have always had big motor. :cry:

I couldn't agree more. The YZ and RM (YZ copy) for sure have the motor over the CR. :cry:

I'll bet that RC will be running Renthals before long if not all ready.he will probibly run a renthal cover on the tapers, and say he is running a new taper prototype or something. lol.

looks like a lot of good changes in store for the 1st supercross race. hopefully espn won't blow the coverage

I'm liking the switch for some reason RC & Suzuki is bringing back the DeCoster & Suzuki charm. :cry:

What I find interesting is, when RC went to Honda everyone went ballistic (including me) because everyone knew Honda was just "buying" another #1 plate. Now that RC is moving to Suzuki it seems people are having a better attitude toward the move. I know there were a lot of $'s at stake but I think Suzuki has been a bit of an underdog for a long time and people would like to see the Yellow get the top step. :cry:

If RC can make the Yellow bike win and take a title that'll be one more thing that he's done better than MC.

A really big poke in the eye to MC would be to take the yellow bike to #1 than switch to KTM and take it to #1.

I don't think it's even fair to compare MC and RC with respects to their switch to Suzuki from Honda because Suzuki is a completely different animal then they were back in 1997. Their race team and program are lightyears beyond what they were when MC joined on. They're many many times more serious and have tons more money being put into the team. I remember in MC's book, he spoke about the race team having to "hide the factory rigs" from the corporate guys whenever they came into town because they weren't supposed to be putting so much money into a motocross team.. he got no support, no help from suzuki when it was time to test, basically just MC and his mechanic all alone at a track. It aint nothin like that nowadays at Suzuki. The new RM250 is supposedly one of, if not thee best 250 2-stroke out right now.. and i've heard alot of great things about the 450 coming up too. RC will have everything he needs to put together several more championship runs. The only thing I can see giving him trouble is alien intervention.. (meaning bubba)