Sign in to follow this  

Humble pie

Sunday I got to eat a good chunk of humble pie.After 5 attemps at climbing a climbable hill. I had to watch someone eles ride my DRZ up the hill. :cry:

Don't sweat it. You'll get 'em next time. I'd go right back and try it. :cry:

Doesn't matter if you're talking bikes, or women; there's always somebody that can ride 'em better than you can. :cry:

Uuugghhh... i usually try to avoid eating that stuff - A mate and i ( who think we're hillclimb heros ) will often ride other mates bikes up climbs, but will always try to make sure we get our own up.

One day we were out at a climb, he's on an old KDX250 84', rode straight up first go- i'd never been to this particular hillclimb before, and i certainly wasn't hungry,( for the above-mentioned pie ), so i pointed my 97' TT600 complete with road gearing and dual purpose rear tyre at the climb, hit it. No good, straight down, turn around, another hit at it, no good, straight down, turn around, another hit.... 8 attempts later i was pulling my victory wheelie at the top.....

Which reminds me, when we got to this hill, there two blokes there, WR400, and KTM300 (smoker). WR straight up, 2-smoker had 4 goes, no good. His mate walks down, jumps on the KTM, rides straight up the hill.... :cry:

Humble Pie was a great Rock n roll band :cry:

what gearing do you have on your DRZ? is it an S or E model. do you have the 3x3 air box mod, aftermarket pipe and/or other power mods?

riding skill and practice is most of it on hills, but Gearing can also make and brake you

Humble Pie was a great Rock n roll band :cry:

what gearing do you have on your DRZ? is it an S or E model. do you have the 3x3 air box mod, aftermarket pipe and/or other power mods?

riding skill and practice is most of it on hills, but Gearing can also make and brake you

I have 01 DRZ kicker, JD jet kit,full yosh,and race tech springs.It's not the bike,It was the rider having a bad day.The hill was about 120 yards long not real steep but soft powder with ruts.It would never fail my front wheel would find the rut and the back end would come around.I tried to keep the bike pinned in second but just couldn't hang on good enough :cry:

My riding partner has about 20+ years experience on me and had to make two trys at it on his orange.I have only been riding about 6 months.

For me riding is about the challeng.Next time I will own that hill :cry:

Keep workin' it man. My son made it up the expert Psyche Hill at Hollister this past Sunday, get this... on his XR100!! It's a helluva climb. Rutty, rocky, rooty and sandy. I made it about 3/4 the way up and got stuck.. with new knobbers too! Had to go back down and try it again. Didn't make it.

A toast to my 14 year old for showing me up!

:cry:

You shouldn't feel bad- unless you're under 40 ! :cry:

Earlier this summer I was trail riding in Gorman with a buddy. We passed a passel of 4x4's cause they were going too slow. Eventually we ended up staring up this huge, steep hill. Buddy and I got about 3/4's of the way up, and when I fell for my 3rd time ( it was REALLY steep there) we finally packed it in, and started heading back down. The 4x4's approached us and crawled right up the hill that humbled us!! I was embarrassed.

You shouldn't feel bad- unless you're under 40 ! :cry:

35 and both my riding buds are 60+. The first time I rode with them I thought to myself no problem hangin with the old farts :cry: All I can say is they kicked my :cry: after 35 miles I was spent.I told them I need to retire so I can become a gym rat like them.Now the gas in my bike runs out befor I do.