Sign in to follow this  

Historical RedBud National MX Pics - Even BOB HANNAH -MX TRIVIA

It should be relatively easy to name the riders. Naming the years might be a little more difficult, but still, not so hard. :cry:

RedBud_Mix_01.jpgTrivia

Looks like the quality of motobabes has really progressed...

lower left pic :cry:

HMMMM,

Think I will do ok here.

First photo, #25 is of course Hannah, followed by Jeff Ward, I think that would be Rick Johnson way out front. Year 1984. Last year of the Yellow YZ's, RJ won the 250 outdoor championship on production bikes that year against works machines of the other factories. :cry:

Second Photo, Ron Lechien? but the bike looks like a 1988 CR. Could be George Holland though. OR Micky Diamond, won Honda a couple 125 titles during that time.

3rd (#3)is Probably Johnny O'Mara. Circa 1986-87?

#4 Tough, Maybe Lechien, maybe Glover, maybe Johnson, maybe Mike Bell circa 81-83 They had the deck stacked back then! Hard to tell the displacement of the bike. Lechien rode 125's , Johnson 250's. GLover was usually their 500 rider if that is a 490. Bike doesn't look water-cooled so Broc Glover would be my guess. Remember the 1981 bikes, with radiators on the forks where the number plate sits. UGH! They would heat up the oil in the forks and loose dampening AS THE RACE PROGRESSED! Sigh, I miss the 3 displacement configuration days but it really spread the talent thin in the classes.

Picture 5 , JMB #22 and Stanton #1, circa 1991, white framed CR's a dead give away.

Last one looks like either Bradshaw or Laracco. from same period. If I could make out the number, I could tell ya.

Gear is hard to see whether it is fox or axo. fox would be bradshaw, axo =laracco

1) Hannah and Jeff Ward 1985 - Yeah, that probably is Johnson up front

2) NO!

3) This is the original Johnny O circa 1986

4) NO!

5) JMB & Stanton - JMB Yes, Stanton NO! & One hot pit tootsie. (I can't beleve I screwed up my own answer - DOH!)

6) Very good, it is a young Mike Larracco winning the 1st moto at the 1998 National (I think he got 18th in the second)

Cheifan and NOMADAK must have slept through this post or they just see them as too easy, don't worry guy's the next one will be harder. :cry:

Hell, I am still trying to figure out of it is numbered left to right or top to bottom so I passed. :cry:

#5 If 22 is JMB then #1 has to Stanton because Johnson retired at the end of '90 when Stanton took over.

Bradshaw is my guess for the Yamaha rider.

The others I am thinking more on.

#5 If 22 is JMB then 1 has to be Stanton because Johnson retired at the end of '90 when Stanton took over.

#5 If 22 is JMB then 1 has to be Stanton because Johnson retired at the end of '90 when Stanton took over.

On the suds already :cry:

The Yamah Rider was already correctly identified as Mike Larracco, and no, for the second time, that is NOT Jeff Stanton. :cry:

I am not on the suds at the moment. So the order is

1 2

3 4

5 6

In the above post you said 6 was LaRocco I see nothing on #4 which I was referring to.

So back to #5 then if that is JMB they must be on 125's in 1990 and thats the MX Kid with #1 :cry:

Now it is obvious who is on the suds,,,,,,,, DOH! :cry: Most humble apologies.

So you were saying #4 was Bradshaw, my mistake base on that you are,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WRONG :cry:

But you have correctly identified the two riders in #5.

So,,,, That just leaves #2, and #4. I could give you some hints, but they would be dead give away's. :cry:

Now I will concentrate on #2. Looks like white on black numbers so that means 125 class and it appears to roughly be the same vintage as the JMB/Kid pics. Hmmm..... doesn't look like McGrath. Swink perhaps, but it could also be Donnie Schmidt, Guy Cooper, Larry Ward or George Holland. How about a hint could it be one of these? Something about his stance says to me it is Cooper.

Now I will concentrate on #2. Looks like white on black numbers so that means 125 class and it appears to roughly be the same vintage as the JMB/Kid pics. Hmmm..... doesn't look like McGrath. Swink perhaps, but it could also be Donnie Schmidt, Guy Cooper, Larry Ward or George Holland. How about a hint could it be one of these? Something about his stance says to me it is Cooper.

Based on the fact that you have mentioned the rider who appears in picture #2 I will give you that. You did NOT pick up on my hint. But your logical assesment of the black # plates and similarity of photo's was right on the money.

Donnie Schmitt died of Lukemia in the winter of 1996 :cry: for some strange reason I think it was the same day as the Minn. SX (it was a dead give away.) crass hint - no offense intended DS.

O.k. just #4, you really dissapoint me right now. :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Yellow and black Yamaha with drum brakes means early '80's. I was going to say Johnson but that doesn't look like him. His pants look like they have an H on the back but that can't be Hannah. How about Holley?

All I know is, that chick in pic #5 needs to put on some pants and a damn bra! :cry:

She must be from Ohio, look how she's holding her beer. :cry:

broc glover

great pictures btw - thanks for the memories

Excellent guess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,WRONG

(I like dong that!) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: