Sign in to follow this  

shimprogram.com ?

I've heard some talk of this site lately and checked it out today. I registered and tried to see some stock valving charts and couldnt find any info. I thought they said that info was available for free but it doesnt appear to be or maybe its just not as large a data base as they make it out to be ? Does anybody else have any experience with this site ? is it worth paying for any of thier serivices ? The idea of the site sounds cool but a little too good to be true. :cry:

so far i have been trying to use that site as well and it sucks. but then maybe i just haven't figured it out yet. i'll give it a chance and see what happens but i AIN'T payin for nuttin....... yet

Kaos :cry:

I have been on that site a few times and from what I read to get any real info you have to pay.

There are 3 areas, the free area, the riders area and the tuners area.

The free area is very restricted.

The riders area is $85.00 and allows you to enter one bike and access to their shim program, view other stack arrangements from other riders.

The tuners area is a whopping $500.00 a year for acess to all areas.

I'd also like to hear from some one that has access to the tuners area, if that's money well spent?

It took me about a month to find the free area with all the stock stacks. It was good when I found them though. I think its a great site, just needs to be a little simpler. The tutorials give you allot of understanding. Can't blame them for withholding all the good stuff for the paying people though. I sure wouldn't make that website all for free. :cry:

I think you may be looking for suspensionnetwork. Go to the Fork & Shock Information link to the left and enter your info. I found the stacks for my '99 XR400 and for the shock, they appear to be nearly 100% correct.

I think shimprogram.com and suspensionnetwork.com are the same site, run by the same people. what I was having trouble with was finding the stock valve stack for my '04 crf 250 and 450, there is no info for these bikes :mad:I dont think there is anything for any year crf450. I did however find the valve stack for the xr400 like you did, but I dont have a xr so its useless too me. I dont think this site would really be worth it if they dont have any info for race bikes. I wouldnt want to pay $85 to find out they have nothing to offer me for my bikes, let alone $500 for valve stack on trail bikes.

I recall reading somewhere on their site that the shim stack data (stock) that was being put up was for "older" bikes, so maybe that is why you can't find CRF stuff yet.

I can't comment on what you get when you lay down the $$$, but as someone else mentioned, if you take the time to study the information that is there for free, you can get a sense of direction as to what changes will do what. It isn't a complete picture, but to be fair, they didn't have to put any information up there at all.