Sign in to follow this  

Socorro NM 100 Desert Race

Had to post about the desert race here in NM this last weekend. First of all it rained the night before the race. (That almost never happens.) Secondly the weather was perfect. Mid 60's at race start and low 70's at race end. Most importantly though was that there wasn't any dust!!!

If you like old river beds and knarly hill climbs with a couple miles of sand whoops thrown in for fun. This is your track. This is my third time running the track. This year they removed about 8 miles of whoops. This made it a great track to race on this year. I say this because this is the first year I finished the race. Last year I wrecked on a rocky section and taco'ed my radiator. (Yes, I do have radiator supports.) I couldn't have hit the radiator more perfectly with a hammer. I also hurt my ribs last year on a nasty whoops getoff. This year i didn't wreck or stall my bike. First time ever!!! Did I not ride hard enough? I came in 10th overall in the novice class, and 2nd in the over 40 class. I also was slowed down by a flat front tire. Happened about midway through my last lap. :cry:

Just wanted to say the riding is great in NM, and I'm very thankful for the open spaces here. We helped the BLM clean up the area we ride in the day before the race. Hopefully we can keep proving our commiment to helping with public lands.

:cry: :cry:

It was a good race, unfortunatly both of my friends crashed out but I did okay... that course was pretty gnarly

Any other TT members go to this race?