Sign in to follow this  

DRZ Submarine

As a follow up on a previous post. My bike pratically floated away the water was so high.

Drained oil - light grey

new filter

cleaned air filter

plug fouled - new

drained carb fuel from drain bolt

regreased bearings

After I replaced plug, she fired right up :cry:

Then I put everything back together and NOTHING. No juice at all. No power to l.e.d. brake light even. I dried all ignition connection and battery (new) connection that I could see. I was thinking there is a short or may be a bad connection some place. But it started fine and I didn't ride/move it to cause it to get worse.

Thoughts?

Your oil sounds like it was more contaminated than mine and I went through three filters and a case of oil until I was sure that there was no water left in the engine. That was before I actually went for a ride after the washout. I just used valvoline 30W as a flush oil. I could probably gotten away with fewer changes but at $.89 a quart I splurged :cry:. Then I replace with synth slapped in the fourth filter and was good to go.

Thanks! I should have thought of the fuse first thing, but didn't ( :confused:dumb ass). Also, I may have a short in the headlight b/c it keeps crappin' out on me?

Someone just told me (1) oil/filter change will be fine. Is it a matter of opinion? Sounds like good advice anyway. What would be the potential consequences? Engine siezure, worst case scenario or maybe slight particle breakdown? I typically change the oil every few rides.

I sunk mine and had to go through 7 changes to clean it out good. Make sure you let the oil get good and hot between changes.

After 2

oil1.jpg

After 4

oil2.jpg

Yours was a lot worse than mine kelsow, mine didn't even look like your fourth change after my first.

Go ahead and use cheap car oil because you got a whole motor full of water. I'd be tempted to remove my gastank and seat. Remove sparkplug and turn upside down. It's got beaucoup water in there bro. prairiedawg :cry: