Sign in to follow this  

Looking for information on Aledo Riding Area

Any information you could provide such as fees, camping, green stickers required? How late in the year do the run. Whats there (Multiple MX tracks? trails?

Any help is appreciated. :cry:

the only area i know about is Pope Creek. By Aledo Illinois. call 309-582-9037 the guy that runs it leaves a message with trail conditions and if he's open or not. It's a 3 1/2 mile loop he changes from time to time. A nice little mx track with all easy table tops. $10 to ride. no sticker needed. no camping. If you leave him a message he usually gets back to you real quick. I liked it. And if I can get some new bars for the KTM I'll be back out there next month.

Jason at Pope Creek had about a six mile loop set up last Saturday, same trail he used in his race a few weekends ago.

Like ryan said, pretty tame mx, they do have a kids track also. I think he stays open until the snow flies.

Call ahead just to make sure that thier open.

Ryan, Iv'e got a set of stock 03 bars from a 200 sx I'llmake you a good deal on. I live just across the river

near Andalusia. Let me know!

Good place to ride.

Jason is having a funday riding / racing on Oct. 24 at Pope creek if you interested in some "fun" racing. Like Mr. bungle siad they have a 6 mile loop laid out that has some

"motorcycle" only trails. I also heard that there is a new MX track / with some trails being built just down the road that could possibly be open yet this year. The MX track is small but fun and safe, if you are a true motocrosser you would be more interested in Coal Valley.

Mr bungle,

What are you doing hanging out on a thumper website ?

At least ryaniniowa has a thumper ......

but now rides a smoker !!!!!!!! :cry:

I was looking for that SOB Woodshellion. Wanted to make sure he wasn't stirring the pot over here. :cry:

Maybe someday i'll break down and get one, I see Sherco is coming out with a 250 next year.

I 'm riding after work today if you have time!

Where is the new track going in at?

Mr. Bungle,

I talked to Sam at Norris's and he said it is just outside of town turn right ( as going into town ) right before the

place that has all the old earth moving equipment and monster truck ?? At the bottom of the hill, it supposedly going to have 100 acres of riding area and they have already started moving dirt for the MX track.

I heard that Paynes is going to get one of the Sherco when they come out.

Woodshellion is hanging on the "chopper forums " now ....

Since he is banned at KTMtalk.com

I emailed you earlier, it depends on if my spokes come in today or not. Where are you going ?

Woods_weapon_2

Hey those are the bars I had on it I think. The SX is the fat bars right? Consider them sold. I'll PM ya some info. Can't give out my cell # here. The lady's go crazy. :cry: