Sign in to follow this  

fuel mileage?

Well, I figured out why my mileage is so bad. After every ride there is gas all over the fender. I've replaced the stock hose with a one way valve/hose, it wasn't working right, so I opened up the holes a bit.

Could I have this in backwards? There is an arrow on it, not sure if that is when your facing the bike, or is it suppost to be pointing at me as to say "your the man" :cry:

It was also made in :cry: so that might be the problem also :cry:

So the 1 way valve will only work to release pressure from the tank (when present) rather than just freely spilling gas as it sloshes around when riding? I need to add some of these to my bikes. My fender always has signs of slobbering gas and dirt.

ktl...

The one way valve allows air into the tank, but gas can't get out. if its on backwards, air can get out, but as the fuel level goes down on the tank air can't get in to replace the fuel, and the fuel will stop flowing to the carb.

You can test if by blowing through the valve, you can only force air through it 1 way. note which end you have to blow on so no air will pass through, that end goes torwards the gas tank.