What's my street legal DRZ400E worth

I am thinking about moving on to something different. What do you guys think a 2000 DRZ400E with a slip-on, JD jetting, Dyno tuned with all the lights, signals and new black plastic would go for? It needs nothing. It is totally street legal with a street bike title. It has around 5000 miles. I have a motard setup for it but I would use that for the next bike. Thanks.

It would be worth it's weight in gold out here in California. Thanks to the new "no more registering dual sports period" law. I'd say between $3800. to $4000.

I can't speak for California but it would be worth about $1800 to $2000 on the East Coast.

same here.but making a dirtbike street legal here is a 20 minute deal tops.

Linco,

It depends on when you ask me. One minute it's a KTM 625 SMC, the next it's a CRF450. Or maybe it will be a KTM 450 or a street legal XR650R.

I'm just trying to get an idea, but it sounds like it's not worth anymore than a non-street legal one, which means I am no where close to affording a newer bike.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be worth it's weight in gold out here in California. Thanks to the new "no more registering dual sports period" law. I'd say between $3800. to $4000.

Well, I've got an '00 DRZ E model that's tagged, plated, and legal here in CA. e-Line 'box', signals, lights, horn, FMF Powerbomb & Q, Unabiker guards, carbon frame guards, K&N filter (in addition to stock), TrailTech computer, CFC guards, WB skid plate, blah blah blah.

Good condition, runs great, no issues. Hell, if they're worth that much I'd certainly consider selling mine.

Thanks,

Brandon

you are correct sir! another B.S. law placed on us here in Ca. is any out of state or 49 state vehicle (including motorcycles) must have more than 7500 miles on it to be considered used and registerable. My boss bought the first gsxr1000 from Suzuki corporate (ex magazine bike) and couldnt register it here in Cali until the odometer broke 7500. Who makes these stupid laws anyways!? ?

If you are going to use the new bike mainly for road riding and some racing I would go with a big bore bike. Like the KTM625smc, if its just for racing you can't beat the price of the KTM450smr that the guy in GA (H&H KTM) www.ktmworld.com is selling for $6300 for an 04. You can't build a bike for that cheap. ?

Good luck to you Jay!!! And say hi to the Mrs. her sis and the dog for me!! ?

• 1 month later...