Sign in to follow this  

TE510 - Fluid Leak Of Some Type?

On my new TE510, I've noticed what I think is a fluid leak (either engine oil or hydrolic fluid I believe). See the attached image to see the area marked within the black circle. The leaking fluid has collected on the side of the case just behind the end of the gear shift lever above the oil screen cover. Has anyone else had this type of problem with their TE250/450/510? I removed the front sprocket covers and made sure all the case bolts in that area are tight. The bolts to the hydrolic clutch housing are tight as well. I haven't verified that it continues to leak or if it was a spill when the bike was new. I need to clean the bike, ride it and see if new fluid appears. I've not had any problems with the clutch. I'll post some actual pics from my bike a bit later. Thanks in advance for your advise.

ktl...

oil_leak_1.jpg

clean the bike well, spray it down with contact cleaner and make sure every thing is dry. Lightly coat the engine with baby powder, run the bike you will then be able to pin point the leak.

I had the same thing on my 450. Evidently they bled the clutch line during set-up and got some fluid on the fitting. It hasn't shown up again after a thorough cleaning.

Moto9 has the right idea! :cry:

I had a similiar experience with my TE510.

Turned out to be the clutch "cable", it leaked at the bottom part of the fitting.

Not properly manufactured in my case. Replaced on warranty, problem solved.

"Dry" since. :cry:

Problem fixed. Looks like the leaking material was engine oil coming out of the clutch case housing were it bolts onto the left hand side of the engine case. The dealer removed the case, cleaned up the O-ring, applied some silicone gasket maker to the outer edges of the housing and slapped it back together. There are no leaks in the clutch system. :cry:

ktl...