Sign in to follow this  

gaerne boots help

I can get a real good deal on the Gaerne SG10 or SG1E boots, anybody have any feedback, good or bad. I loved my Tech 6 boots but they had to get cut off when I broke my Femur. :cry: I will mostly be riding dual sport rides and some track. I am going to miss the doubles, but at least I will still be riding. :cry:

i've got gaernes of some sort, not sure which. they were $150 on a marginal sale, so i think they're sort of bottom of the barrel.

what i like:

1) they don't hurt my feet. my feet are wide and kinda tall; blocky, if you will. i had a pair of tech 6s and they just weren't roomy enough for my feet.

2) they're not super ridgid like most other boots. they're more like an old school MX boot.

3) they're not all that bad for walking around in (see #2)

4) they've held up pretty well for a "cheap" pair of boots. the seems and soles and buckles are all still as good as new after a year. the top elastic part is frayed on the inside where the tops catch on my side plates/radiator shrouds.

5) they've taken several good hits on trees and small stumps and sticks and so forth without and damage.

jeremiah