Heat 1

Took 2nd

Semi took 2nd

Main

In the lead from start to Er Uh Finish

Fully dialed in, sliding working the groove

Checkered out Tucked in Fly Buy Take the win

Coast around turn 1 turn 2

hey why is everyone still racing I won its over. Swing into pits buddy's all laughing as I look up and see the real checkered flag being waved :cry:

I was sober too :cry: :cry: :cry::lol:

I hate when that happens.

A buddy of mine won the first race of 250B on the night track at Redbud the night before the big National. Pulled the second moto holeshot and coasted to a stop in the 3rd turn (he forgot to turn on the gas) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: There are just so many things to keep track of when racing!

I didn't even know I was about to win the race. It was in the ver junior class, which was combined with vet master, +40, and +50, so it was a huge melee after the start and you couldn't tell who was who. Me and a friend were just riding the class for fun, so we made a deal that whover was in front would stop after the last lap flag and wait for the other, then we'd have a 1 lap sprint for bragging rights.

I got in a pile up in the first turn and came out dead last, which made me mad, and I always charge harder when mad. So I took off and started passing guys, which isn't very normal for me. I was right behind a guy and about to pick him off when I saw the last lap flag. I pulled over and waited for my buddy, for almost 30 seconds, with people screaming at me to get going. When he caught up we went for the last lap and I beat him. I didn't find out until after that the guy I was about to pick off on the last lap was the RACE LEADER.

I don't wait for anybody anymore.

Good for you :cry:, my first race was in 1972 on a Hodaka Ace 90, it was a mudfest at sandhill ranch in California, I don't remember where I was running but I fried the clutch with a couple laps to go and still got a top 10 finish!!, (classes were pretty big back then), I was worn out and wondering where I would get the money to fix the bike??, I was also hooked on offroad racing and while I only race select events these days I have fond memories of my first race and 30+ years of memories to go with it, (not all good!!). Never the less I loved the sport then and still do. :cry: