Sign in to follow this  

Brown MT Enduro postponed

Due to Ivan storm damage, the Brown Mountain Lights Enduro has been postponed, tentatively rescheduled for Oct 24th

Robert :cry:

Any info on if anyone hear's about when they are going to open back to the public after clearing the storm damage would be greatly appreciated!!!! :cry: :cry:

Thats amazing! It's an enduro for crying outloud :cry: Whats the matter, Not enough obstacles like they normally put us through? I would think that after all these storms that this would be the ultimate enduro challenge..... Whats a couple hundred downed trees between racers?

Oh well....

Bonzai :cry:

I think it may have something to do with the couple hundred downed trees in the road to get to the enduro, if there is a road left at all in some areas. :cry: I have seen pictures of dual sport bikes being the only street legal vehicles riding the streets in the hardest hit parts of the state.

RH

It was posted at the Long Cane Enduro that "Brown Mountain Lights Enduro may be postponed due to Hurricane Francis". I assumed this was due to trees down as I understand that Brown Mountain ORV area is closed as well. Ivan may have contributed flood damage also.

I look forward to the rescheduled date. October 24th?

It takes a great amount of money & effort to stage an enduro so as large an attendance as possible is important to continued success.

I've been riding the dualie DRZ around there and the roads are pretty well beat up. Unless you live around there, it is hard to believe how bad they got hit. Even a lot of the FS roads are closed.

Any knowledge of when Brown will reopen?

I hope that it is already because we want to go this Sat 9th. :cry:

My guess is April 1st 2005 :cry:

According to SETRA website the Brown Mountain Lights Enduro has been postponed till December19th & relocated to Brushy Mountain.