Sign in to follow this  

Jetting for yosh pipe

heck yeah the yosh seems to scavenge very well and i had to lean the bike dow 2 main jet sizes

Ya, ditto here. Factory recommends 2 down on main if you're not running the spark arrestor. Run Good!

sweet, just got the full ti system off ebay for $350, also just ordered the jd jet kit yesterday. looking forward to getting it all set up. :cry:

sweet, just got the full ti system off ebay for $350, also just ordered the jd jet kit yesterday. looking forward to getting it all set up. :cry:

The jd kit will affect it even more and your jetting will be different. Send Sunruh a pm as he's kinda really in the know on jetting for the jd kit with varying temps. His suggestions made a huge diff for me.

thank, i'll do that. after looking thru the forum index, i guess i could've put this post in the jetting section. what settings are you running? i'm right a sea level on the east coast (dc/md).

thank, i'll do that. after looking thru the forum index, i guess i could've put this post in the jetting section. what settings are you running? i'm right a sea level on the east coast (dc/md).

I'm 600' ASL, 90 plus degrees F jd kit high humidity

178 main, blue needle 4th, 42pj pilot screw?

It was suggested about every 20 degsF reduction in temp to go up a size on the main.

I ran a 185MJ in 40-50 deg F and it ran great but did not change till 90+deg to the 178 when I should have been changeing all along.

Now I know.

after further review, i'm sitting about 585 asl, but ride at 100 asl. with the temp & humid dropping by the day, i probobly start at the 175 main. got my jd kit today :cry:, and should have my pipe today or tomorrow, if i'm not getting ripped off on ebay :cry:.

after further review, i'm sitting about 585 asl, but ride at 100 asl. with the temp & humid dropping by the day, i probobly start at the 175 main. got my jd kit today :cry:, and should have my pipe today or tomorrow, if i'm not getting ripped off on ebay :cry:.

You can try the 175MJ but I think you'll find the 178 to work better at current temps. I tried it and it was too lean @ 95+deg's. However, every bike runs a bit different so give it a try, but as weather gets cooler you need to get fatter.