Sign in to follow this  

Why is my choke hard to pull up

Why is my choke hard to pull up should I put some oil or some other lube where the choke goes into the carb

NAhh, is your bike brand new? Mine was like that when i got mine after a while it gets easier to pull.

The bike is a 02 but hardly been used was easy to pull when i got it maby I don't ride it enough :cry:

My kids TTR90's choke got really stiff last month. I took it all apart and lubed everything up and wala it works again. Easy fix. I think it was all in the cable.

Mine did the same thing. It was corroded and nasty down in the carb. My advice...clean and lube it down in the carb. It sure worked well for me. :cry:

just be careful you dont lose thos little balls in the top that holds it out cus if you do its a pain in the butt to replace

Nicki is right!

Just purchased ttr used and had the same problem.

It was in the carb.

Works smooth now. :cry:

I Just fixed it. I took it off were the cable goes into the carb sprayed some WD-40 into it cleaned with Q-TIP and put a coupple drops of oil down there. Works like new :cry: :cry:

mine did the same thing when it was easy to pull.but lately it has been harder the hell to pull.so i took it apart and cleaned it out it was currouded.put some wd 40 in it and it works fine now.