Sign in to follow this  

2005 YZF250

Where in the heck are these bad boys? Every dealer I call say they are released but have no idea when they will be in. Yamaha needs to step it up before I go and buy a 2005 CRF250.

The last two years the first ones have shown up in the last week of September or first week of October.

Go and buy the Honda if you want to do constant valve shimming/rebuilding and have a bike out of the box with less power than the YZF. The YZF suspension is alot better for 05 too. Holding out will save you a lot of greif. Just go and check the CRF250 forum, thier valve problem posts are almost 5 times as many than we have here.

NO! dont go buy a crf. i have an 04 crf250 and its terrible. im waiting for the 05 yz250f and have the same problem as you. the crf has major valve problems. ive had mine in the shop at least 7 times for valves. in fact its in the shop rite now. i have the transmission destroyed twice. im not the only one. the crf is a total piece of junk!!

dont buy the crf! i have an 04 and its a piece of junk. ive had the valves and shims replaced once already and i dont kno how many times theyve been adjusted. the transmission has been destroyed twice. the bike runs good but its totally unreliable. im waiting for the 05 yz250f to come out and i have the same problem finding them as u do. stick with yamaha........crf 250 is junk!!

the new 05 CRF250 have the problem solved.

ok, i'll bite. as reported on the CRF250 forum(*), the part numbers for the valves, valve springs, valve spring retainers, valve seats, and piston for the 2005 model are exactly the same as the part numbers for the 2004 model. even the air cleaner, which has been blamed left and right for letting dust in, is the same. so what problem got "solved" and how was it "solved"?

oh wait,

this explains it

have you actually been to the CRF250 forum???

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

ps

(*) ref:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1354708/

that must be the best TT bust ever!

i smell something burning and it ain't just a valve!

:cry:

wrooster sets 'em straight! :cry:

thanks!

r

Where in the heck are these bad boys? Every dealer I call say they are released but have no idea when they will be in. Yamaha needs to step it up before I go and buy a 2005 CRF250.

Chapparal Yamaha in LA already received and sold 3 units as of Sunday (they might have one left). I imagine there are a few units going to most dealers with more in a couple of weeks. Hold on because they're almost to you :cry:.

Nice work wrooster.

My wr250f has done about 5000kms in six months, 2/3 fast trail and 1/3 racing. Ive had the shims checked three times and they still dont need doing. I do however clean my airfilter every ride, run filterskins on long rides and race days, and change the oil more than my undies. Yamahas are tried, tested and proven. On the other hand my mates 04 CRF is 6 months old and hes had the shims done twice, both times it needed shim replacements. Hes done about 3000km. Do the maths. PS. If the part numbers are the same the problem aint fixed, unless they have a super duper air filter, 3Litre sump and rev at 5000rpm..

:cry:

Yep, go with the YZF. I just bought an '05 YZ125 which does have the updated suspension and it's amazing. I plan on waiting for '06 to get another 250F, I still have my '02. Obviously the motor on the YZ125 doesn't compare but the suspension is terrific and the YZF will be similar.

Well guys at the last moment I bought the 2005 CRF250 but I told my long time dealer that the first valve problem she is coming back and I never want to see it again.

Just got the call today from T.O. My shinny new 250F is in! Gettin it in the morning! SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!