Sign in to follow this  

Wen't to Rrairie City on Monday. First dirt ride EVER.

Got to Prairie City at about 11:30. Got the bike out of the truck got my gear on, look the bike over one more time before I head out. All is good.

To the right of the staging Area it's some what flat with some small jump's/hill's. I rode around there for a while. With it being my first time in the dirt and all,I did not wont to pushit.

So after about 30/40 min of that I went back to the truck drink some water and got ready to go back out and do some of the bigger hill's and jumps

With only 5 people there it was SWEEEET!!! I took my time on all the trail's. The only hill's I would climb are the hill's I went down first. With only a few people in the park I would stop and get off the bike to take a look at the up coming trail our hill ( would that be a no,no on a busy day?).

I would ride for about 45 min each time out and come back to the truck rest and drink some water. At one point I was thinking that if I keep going I will not have the stregnh to push my bike up the ramp and in to the back of my truck :cry:. But as I was looking around I saw a loading ramp with two levels. After a closer look,my tail gate was level with the taller one :cry:.

Back out I went till I could go no more. Put the bike back in the truck drank some more water a look at the time 3:30 and away I went. I was home by 4:45,thats with Sac traffic.

Had a blast!!! Sore as he11(all over) but it's a good sore.

am I going back? yep,next Monday seeing how I only rode a small part of the park the better I get the more I will explore.

By the way, good call fryboy.....Thank's

Later's

Nutt

Glad you like it there Nutt!!! I was there on Sunday and the dirt was nice and damp. I bet it was primo for your ride on Monday. Isn't it amazing how much your muscles ache after riding? Someone did a study and says Motocross is the second most strenuous activity right next to soccer.

Glad you had fun

Fryboy

Welcome, welcome. Once you get some seat time on that beast, check out the Southwest forum for trail rides at Foresthill, Mammoth Bar, Georgetown or Elkins Flat (PiPi). If you like Prarie City, you'll love these places!

Welcome, welcome. Once you get some seat time on that beast, check out the Southwest forum for trail rides at Foresthill, Mammoth Bar, Georgetown or Elkins Flat (PiPi). If you like Prarie City, you'll love these places!

YOU BET!!!!

I am going to try and get out once a week. I hope by the time the riding season get's here, I will have enough seat time to keep up with you guys.

Later's

Nutt

Cool!!

Glad to hear you had a great time! :cry:

Now- about this coming saturday, you up for some easy Foresthill riding?? Wife & I are heading up and would be happy to show you the "easy stuff". :cry:

Nothing hard, all nice, scenic fire roads. Give you an overall view of the place.. :cry:

-Dan

ah the sweet joy of dirt..... what a thrill hey and to hear you ride that park for the first time brings back memories. although I rode in the dirt as a teenager that was 30 years ago. Like you, my first ride was last year in september 2003 at Prarie City. That place seemed so big and SO fun. It will allways have a special place in my heart. There are lots of parts there which you can practice your skills on. Some sand berms to fall on because you grabbed too much front brake, some wet slimy hills after a rain that you can stall on and learn not to try to stop on a hill, some ruts that you can cross rut on, some jumps that you can over rotate on, lots of rocks that teach you balance.........I eat rocks for breakfast now :lol: prarie city is a great beginners spot and still fun for us old timers....too :cry:

Keep at it. In just one year from now you will be amazed at your progress and your deeper bond with the sport. I am living proof of that. :cry: :cry:

Get Gary Semics MX and Off Road Riding Techniques Book - read evry page...... learn elbows up and sit forward on the tank in the corners, weigh your outside peg.......lost of stuff but most of all keep riding on a weekly basis if you can welcome..... :cry: :cry:

YOU BET!!!!

I am going to try and get out once a week. I hope by the time the riding season get's here, I will have enough seat time to keep up with you guys.

Later's

Nutt

BTW the "riding season" here in NorCal is 365 days a year. :cry: