Sign in to follow this  

WOW. my bike looks good now

i just used some of the pj1 oem paint on my 2004 yz 250f on the frame where you boots take all the paint off and it looks like a brand new bike. all i need is new plastics and thebike would look new. i love this stuff :cry:

Now that you've painted it put some clear number plate background material on the frame and you won't have to paint again. :cry:

I've heard that clear stuff is good to use for protection on the plastic also. Where can I order some?

Any bike shop or online store should be able to get it for you. I'm sure the TT store could get you some as well.

How does this paint stand up to wear and tear? No rub off yet? How 'bout pressure washing? Just curious because I could use something like that possibly.

i'm confused. you have a 2004 yz250f and need new plastics. whats up with that? my friend has a '98 yz400f that he just recently had to change out the plastics.

Well, if you ride hard, you crash hard, which causes the plastics to look crappy :cry:

Did you disassemble your bike and do the PJ1 four step process or paint it assembled? I'd like to paint mine, I was wondering if you stripped the old paint off or just roughed up the stock paint, primered and painted from there?

Thanks,

TSR :cry:

TO do it properly, PJ1 recommends using the multistage process...at least according to everything I have seen.

Did you disassemble your bike and do the PJ1 four step process or paint it assembled? I'd like to paint mine, I was wondering if you stripped the old paint off or just roughed up the stock paint, primered and painted from there?

nope just used some contack (spelling) cleaner and then put on 4 coats of it. it looked factory when it was done. i also put carboard behind the frame and such so it woudlent get on my engine or anywhere else but the frame.

o yea the reason i need new plastics is because i ride hard most of the time. i also had a really bad crash witch put in my the hosptial for a week and ill be out riding till nov 1.

does anyone have the picture of that yellow yz with the number 99???..that bike is so cherry

thanx :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I did my 01 last year. I found that wrapping aluminum foil around things you don't want to paint is easier than the cardboard thing. Mine turned out great. Frame guards are worth the $ if you don't want to paint every year.