Sign in to follow this  

Feels like it's missing?

Ok, first off, been riding a long time, but this is by far the quickest bike I've owned. It also means riding higher up in the revs than I'm used to, so I'm not as familiar with engine sounds...

Doesn't seem to have a bog, and when I'm accelerating hard it doesn't miss. But when I've accelerated up and then maintain speed/eased off throttle a little it seems to be missing. Hard to describe...

Is this normal and am I weird? (second may not be dependant on the first... :cry:)

BTW VERY HAPPY with the new bike... Turns out my "bog/not as quick to wheelie" issue mainly related to speed and traction... Whack it in 2nd or third at speed and WHAAAAAHOOOO! :cry:

First off all if you are running at very high RPMs it may simply be the rev limiter. This feels like a very fast and regular miss/hesitation in the RPMs.

If not, then put some tape around your grip. Then while twisting the throttle with the bike OFF mark 1/4, 1/2 and full throttle on the tape. Then go riding. Where on the tape does it "miss."

<1/4: clean / change pilot jet

1/4-1/2: change needle clip position

>1/2: clean / change main jet

With a "miss" you are probably lean so go one higher on the jets and/or lower the needle clip one position.

Best of my knowledge it's stock jetting (canadian), 2 1" holes drilled in airbox & a FMF Q pipe...

What's got me baffled is that it isn't on acceleration, its only maintaining a higher RPM - not even close to full throttle...

I'll try the tape thing though. :cry: