Sign in to follow this  

YZ250F suspension feels lagged

Hey,

Ive owned my 02 YZ250F for almost a year now and have loved every bit of it to death. Ive finally got the engine perfect, and hoping to do some fall races and have been looking into suspension improvements. Well the other day I had the Honor of sitting on a 05 YZ125 :cry: , and man it is awesome. Nothing compared to the 01 Yz125 I owned for 3 years.

After sitting on the bike I remembered how much better the suspension had been on my 01 YZ125 than my 250F, And I dont hate the suspension on my 250F its just missing something that the 125 suspension had, and its the same suspension. And actually the 125 has .2kg less on each end than the 250F has but weight makes up for extra needed on the 250F. And I take in account for the added weight etc. I had all the fluids changed in my forks about 3 months ago, and got my shock serviced as well which did help a bit, And I got it clicked in for my weight. I guess its hard to explain what the suspension is missing that my 01 had, It just doesn't feel like it reacts as fast I suppose or not as nimble, suspension wise, and trust me Ive learned that no 250F handles like any 125 :cry: .Maybe the springs are worn, I know I need about .2KG more on each end but regardless? Any clues to what might be the problem is? Any of you guys had similar experiences Like I have? I weigh about 185lbs. Any input would be appreciated :cry:.

you know i get alot of people saying that about their kyb stuff when they bring it to me and it is worn to say the least,---i had an 02 and 03 yz 250f also and man i had to always keep the bushings replaced and the fluid would only last about a month maybe-----and the anodizing wore off the inside of the tubes and i had to get it re-done and the valving on the mid valve and the cylinder valve would always get distorted and i had to keep replacing those as well -------- its just a old design that does work but it needs to be kept fresh and realy looked after------the new kyb stuff is realy kool ---its just like a showa and should have a long life just like a showa also. :cry:

So you think a Revalve would solve the problem, and replacing whatever parts need to be replaced?

Hey I think just take it into pro action or rg3 that should do the trick i think. I had a 01 yz 125 also for a while and it was fun but the parts on it wore out quick. I have a 03 250f now and man that suspension feels way better after i took it to pro action, I mean I was one of those unload your bike and ride all day kind of guy and I didnt pay enough attention to suspension maintence, so check it out. If you plan on keeping the bike for a while get it done. My 2 cents :cry: