Sign in to follow this  

Visiting Deals Gap (a few supermoto riders from Ontario Canada)

Attenion all supermoto riders from the area :cry::cry:(Tennessee / North Carolina). Let hook up at the Gap!!! We'll be there from Oct.8th - Oct 11th. COME ON BY. :cry:

I do not live to far from the Gap.The weekends are a nightmare anymore but if you can ride it during the week it is fun.Got a ticket on the Skyway Sunday.150.00 and they let me off cheap.

I also came across the skyway Sunday. Luckily, before I left deals gap, another group told us to keep it slow. I pass 3 state troopers on the NC side. I did not see a cop at the gap all day. Great riding up there, but be careful (because of fools like me).

Jim

Don't know exactly what I'll be riding then (hopefully a DUKE)...but I will probably come play too...I only live about 2 hours from there..but I have never been...Here it's cool though. I'll kepp in touch, Mitch

Cool man! Meet us at the Phillips motel in Robbinsville NC. We'll be there from Oct.7th - 11th. We are riding a Yamaha WR450, WR426 & XR650 all in supermoto trim. :cry:

cool,see you there...we'll be on a Husky 570 and KTM 625,and maybe one DRZ 400(if he brings some cash-for the DRZ)

Pick up your beer before you get to R-ville(it's dry)

see then... :cry: :cry:

Yeah lots of :cry: beer drinking if it rains! Any of you guys been to T.W.O (2 wheels only in Suches GA.)? Or know of any other roads better than Deals Gap?

Yeah lots of :cry: beer drinking if it rains! Any of you guys been to T.W.O (2 wheels only in Suches GA.)? Or know of any other roads better than Deals Gap?

I live in Suches :thumbsup:T.W.O. is not that great.Some people like it and some do not.Most of the sportbikers hang out at the BP across the road.

There are a lot of roads better than Deals Gap.Ga. has a lot of great roads and south eastern Tenn. is pretty good also. :applause:If you guys get down this way let me know and I will try and show you some good times.Skenna Creek campground is a great place to camp.The folks there are the best. :cry:

I usually do this trip twice a year (May & Sept or Oct) :cry: so lets hook up next time in GA. A few years ago Deals Gap was alot better without the traffic. Even the state troopers were very lenient back then. Once we were followed by the sheriff's chopper and 3 cars on the Skyway and they let us off after all that (we were not running,....we didn't know that they were chasing :cry:). I'm always looking for twistie getaways. :cry: :cry: Steve (WR450)

I usually do this trip twice a year (May & Sept or Oct) :cry: so lets hook up next time in GA. A few years ago Deals Gap was alot better without the traffic. Even the state troopers were very lenient back then. Once we were followed by the sheriff's chopper and 3 cars on the Skyway and they let us off after all that (we were not running,....we didn't know that they were chasing :cry:). I'm always looking for twistie getaways. :cry: :cry: Steve (WR450)

Just let me know when and we will have some real fun.The leaves are falling at a rapid pace.Makes riding great since you can see around the corners a lot better now.

Just reporting on out trip in North Carolina: We had a blast :cry: If you were there, we were (AKA the Crazy Canadians :cry:) loud WR 450 & the red pig (XR650). Too bad you guys didn't show :cry: Come on out next May 24 weekend. :cry: