Sign in to follow this  

need help honda rebel for g/f

just got her lisence got her a honda rebel

2000 250cc perfect for her for a yr or so

size is excellent for a newbie 110 lb lady

but we would like to get more out of the motor

thinking i will pop out the inserts in the exhaust and opening up the air box if i can

looking for some help / info / websites about this machine

parts etc,,,,,

need a set of saddle bags and windshield without spending harley davidson type $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I wonder if you can tuck an XR650L or XR650R engine into that thing?

Any bike can be aided by lessening the restriction in the exhaust and the intake tract. It probably has a very small airbox opening- enlarge it. Put in a K&N air-filter. Richen up the jetting. There might be some carb tricks.

Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/ and enter "honda rebel" with the quotes into the search tool, and join one of the groups. I learned what to do on my XR650L on a yahoo group- there's some good people out there!

-Dave

This is something I know something about! Sell that bike and find a Honda Shadow VLX 600. She will LOVE it! Trust me..... :cry:

will be going with a shadow or a savage in a yr or so as the next step just looking to get a little more out of that little sucker for now

she is doing good and getting confidence riding

she has just passed the century mark ( 100 miles total )

and she loves it

she was never on a bike and in control till 2 weeks ago

when she took the weekend class :cry: :cry: :cry:

I bought my Wife the VLX and let her look at it in the garage. I told her she can't even start it until she takes the class. Well she took the class, she never rode before then. She went in as a total Newbie! She came home after the class, off to the high school's parking lot to practice. She does a great job now!