Sign in to follow this  

Kickstand...

Does anyone know of any aftermarket kickstand that will fit my Husky WR360? Even a universal which mounts to my swing arm would be fine. I would also go for a triangle stand, but the one I've got is the standard type and is to big to fit in the little axle hole (do the make smaller ones?). I finally got fed up with mine and yanked it off...that two spring contraption with the intervening doo-hicky has been on my last good nerve for months now! Ahhh....let the healing begin :cry:!

You should put the stock kickstand back on. They fold up really nice on Huskys and you don't always have a tree handy. You can disable the auto retract, it varies from bike to bike. If you have two springs try removing the small spring.

Norman

There used to be a aftermarket stand that mounted on the

swingarm and used a captured nut that clamped to a hole you drilled in the side of the swingarm.DO NOT BUY IT.

Lasted about 10 min, complete crap.

Vince

I like the kickstand on my 360. I do fold mine up and down by hand since the d&*% thing smashes into the side # plate if you don't. I do have a clamp on one from my 125 I would gladly get rid of. I can't believe Vince got a whole 10 minutes out of his.

Bob

We fitted the stand on a mates bike after I got sick of him

leaning his bike on mine,cost $100 Aussie and it did not

even make it out of the garage before folding up.

Vince

you got to watch those fold up kickstands. On my 2000 TE-610, before going on my first ride I started the bike to let it warm up, and leaned it on the kickstand while I locked the house door. It fell over, driving the shifter through the left side cover! I called the dealer for parts, he had the number memorized. He said he had replaced severel on floor bikes after customers dropped them in the showroom.

I notice on my TE-250 the kickstand goes much further forward to stop it from walking when running on the kick stand, still I don't trust it anymore.

I dissabled the suicide kickstand on my '04 TE510. I got a piece of Stainless steel tubing from my local Ace Hardware store to make about a .4" long bushing out of, pulled out the stock spring stopper bolt, put the bushing in and a shorter bolt. Ran the shorter bolt home in the frame and the spring/lever system now misses the bolt head and it acts like a regular kickstand.

I swear with the sui-stand on my '04 TE450 the bike fell over twice, once in the driveway and once in the dirt. If I didn't have the cycra pro bends on there I'm sure I would have been replacing expensive Magura parts.

Flame on

Ditto! Brought home my new TE450. Started it up in the garage, turned around to get something off the bench, heard a noise and turned just in time to see "my baby" pancake on the cement floor! Bent my brand-freaking-new-never-rode aluminum handlebars! Gouged my brand-freaking-new-never-used handguards! And, AND, bent the footpeg up so forcefully it put a dent in the brand-freaking-new-never-been-run-frame! Grrrrr! :cry:

Photos will only show the end of a shorter M8 bolt sticking out of the kickstand pivot point. The tubing to make the bushing out of is 3/8" x 028 stainless steel, made by K&S engineering , Chicago IL, I bought it at ACE. Just take out the existing bolt, see about how much shorter it needs to be and buy a shorter bolt. Look at the mechanism to determine the approx. length of the bushing to be cut, cut it out of the tubing, deburr it with a dremel, grease it, and put it together.

As usual it will take you longer to go buy the tubing and the bolt than it will for you to do the mod.

Go for it.

Or, you can cut the head off the stock kickstand bolt and cut a slot to use a screw driver to loosen or tighten the bolt. I like you solution better though.

On my '01 TE400 all you had to do was remove bolt and cut off long extension on the end of bolt that contacted the spring. The dealer did my '03 TE610E, so I not sure how that one worked.

Norman

On my '01 TE400 all you had to do was remove bolt and cut off long extension on the end of bolt that contacted the spring. The dealer did my '03 TE610E, so I not sure how that one worked.

Norman

Did that on my 02 WR350 also but these are a little different and that mod does not work.