Sign in to follow this  

Anyone for riding this weekend In the Albany area?

Hey guys, Just wondering if anyone wants to go riding this weekend that lives in the capitol district, adirondack area, or surrounding areas. I was thinking of riding the trail pass system up in lake george, so if anyone has trail pass thatd be great, or as long as your registered and insured i have a spare trail pass. Also anywhere else youd like to ride Im game, I have a lot of spare trailer space as well. Let me know.

Chris

Hi, what are those trail pass trails like?I heard they were more for 4 wheelers than bikes.....just wondering.

Hey Chris, Jim and I are trying to see if we can join you to check out the sand in your area on Sat. I'll send you a PM to let you know what we come up with. If not it will be soon though.

We're also going to Ace on 10/13 want to join us?

I'm always up for a ride but so far this month has been crazy busy for me, so the best that I got was tonight for 5 minutes in the yard. Just enough to pull a few wheelies though!!!

Hi, what are those trail pass trails like?I heard they were more for 4 wheelers than bikes.....just wondering.

I would say the majority of the systems are four wheeler trails, Wide and hard packed for the most part with some mud and such. However the only system I ride on is lake george because its a lot more rugged than the rest of them. Its forest mountain trails, and everything you can expect from that, lots of hills, rocks, mud, roots, all the good challenging stuff. Theres a ton of miles of trails up there in lake george too, so you can definitely find some off the beaten path that are very challenging.

Chris

Hey Chris, Jim and I are trying to see if we can join you to check out the sand in your area on Sat. I'll send you a PM to let you know what we come up with. If not it will be soon though.

We're also going to Ace on 10/13 want to join us?

I'm always up for a ride but so far this month has been crazy busy for me, so the best that I got was tonight for 5 minutes in the yard. Just enough to pull a few wheelies though!!!

Hey Scott, Unfortunately Ive got some bad news. I went up to ride today and i come up that first hill going towards the RR tracks, sitting there is a cop with another dirtbike. He flags me over and takes all my info, he arrested the other guy because he drove down the RR tracks and gave me a warning because I came in on the trail and theres no posted there.

So anyway I tell him that I was told that as long as theres no posted signs or noticeable maintainence that its fair game. He says OK that could be the case, however he only needs to properly post every six month, keep in mind that Ive ridden there for ten years, and my dad used to ride there even before that, and never once have any of us seen a posted sign there.

I guess the guy doesnt even live in this state who owns it and hasnt even been on the property in years and doesnt properly post it, nor has he ever maintained it. So I guess I wont be riding there until spring, then Ill just saw the cop told me in six months if it wasnt posted I could ride there, which he did.

You said you had a little track down your way I belive, Is that correct? If so Ill trailer down there, even if its nothing special I just wanna get out and ride. Also, what is Ace? give me details and Ill see if I can make it.

Talk to you soon man,

Chris

Interesting. Sounds like the track I posted over six months ago. I've ridden there for 10 years also. I've seen posted signs but only by the railroad people not the land owner. The cop may just be keeping you out of his hair until next year. If it is the one where you park across from Prestige, the owner lives nearby and is a big developer in the area. He can be contacted but I've figured leave well enough alone or he could say no. We'll see.

Interesting. Sounds like the track I posted over six months ago. I've ridden there for 10 years also. I've seen posted signs but only by the railroad people not the land owner. The cop may just be keeping you out of his hair until next year. If it is the one where you park across from Prestige, the owner lives nearby and is a big developer in the area. He can be contacted but I've figured leave well enough alone or he could say no. We'll see.

I always figured it was Van Patten owned land. But who knows, ill just ride there come spring and use the cops word against him if he gives me anymore problems. I often think police make things up to make their lifes easier, but you cant really argue with them.

Chris

We should find out and ask for permission, if one of you can find out who owns it, I'll draft a letter and send it along. If we can get permission, the cops cant do anything about it.

Also, thinking about going to EBMX next Tuesday afternoon, you guys want to go?

Yes, it is VanPatten. His adress is often in the CP town meeting minutes online. I went to EBMX last Thursday and Sunday (lots of people). New track layout! So probably not Tuesday, maybe Thursday but definately next Sunday.

Cool, I can't do Sunday's I coach soccer so that is out. But Thursday might be an option. The track was new the last time I was there as well. I like it except the big doubles - I avoid them!!!