Sign in to follow this  

Nov 7, 2004 CERA Training wheels family enduro at Foresthill

I'm seriously wanting to try a 50-60 mile enduro and this one at Foresthill is perfect in that I know all the trails. However, I need to know: Is it cool for an old fart to enter a family enduro or is it all families and stuff. Will I be getting suspicous stares from moms and dads entering their junior and juniorettes in this thing?

If it's cool to ride it, then I'm in and what about all you other suspicious FH riders out there joining up too? It could be your chance to compete with bigbob at his home turf with his DRZ computer and engineering clockwork mind. :cry:

I just got the green light from unky moose :cry:

I'm riding this thing. so what about it? domenicWRF, superslyco, buick, novaman, crash, pritchard, slider69, peak rider, chris P ?? well I guess most of you rather be in a real enduro, but what the heck it is at Foresthill - should be fun!

I've seen those real enduros and I would be a broken down wreck crying for my moma at mile 30 in those things.. :cry:

Hey Bob, while I'm not on your list of super special invitees I was thinking of riding this. However the Lilliputian Grand Prix is the same day at Prarie City and I won't need no stinking time keeping equipment to run a GP, so I'm still up in the air...

Chris I am right there with ya. I am trying to run all the scrambles this season, with the exception of the Sand Flea (dont want to subject my bike to sand and salt water). However I have never ran a enduro and if theres enough people i know it could be fun, besides I do have a trail tech computer. :cry:

ok guys... ChrisP you're on the list now.. by the magic of TT editing. Dang thats bad timing I know that Liliputian thing is a popular GP... I'm not ready for a hare scramble. I'm just not that much of a racer at heart. maybe one day I''ll do one.

Why not do the WFO enduro at Stonyford on Nov.14th? I know there won't any little kids for you to roost, but at least no one will stare at an old man with two young bucks. :cry: The only race I'll be doing this fall will be at moonrocks Oct.30th, join me for that one and I'll do training wheels. :cry:

Hey, BigBob doyou have any more info on this enduro. I may be interested in doing this even if i wasn't included in the list like chris_p was. I know I know i have been missing in action for a long time. Anyway if you have a link or anything for this enduro let me know :cry:

:cry: Gentlemen,

I'd love to do an Enduro, Hair Scramble, Turkey Run, etc. My only concern is.....cost! :cry:

I'm a poor bastard......seems like every month I'm spending $$$$ on that damn bike. It's a habit worse than crack! :cry:

So....I have to buy an AMA card, $40, thats good for 4 months, a D36 card for $25, then the entry fee, $40. [@#$%&*!], [@#$%&*!], Damn! :cry: Do I get a "Thank you mister!"?

John Kerry, Gucci Man, Skipper, Charlton Heston, Monkey Clam, Bobzilla, Real Man, Post Whore, Oh King of the Southwest Forum, I am humbled by your mention.....but.....kids gotta eat! :cry:

Next Year! :lol: I'm just looking forward to riding in the MUD! :lol:

So....I have to buy an AMA card, $40, thats good for 4 months, then the entry fee, $40. [@#$%&*!], [@#$%&*!], Damn! :cry:

Your Ama id good for a year form when you buy it. But you are right that your first race will cost abit. You'll nee your ama membership for $40, D36 card $36 and then the race entry.

But once you race an enduro you'll be hooked. Alot of the nonfamily enduros have trails that are only opened for the race after that they're closed back up for the year.

The cera enduro is a blast. It is a well run event and a nice trail ride. I'll probaly be signing up and if any other tters want to be on the smae minute as me and mooch my ICo's time keeping abilty let me know. :cry:

For those of you that are unsure if you want to do more then the Training Wheels, I believe you can buy a day pass for D-36 and AMA. It is about 5 bucks for D36 and 10 for AMA :cry:

The TW is a great enduro. Well marked course and not too fast of a pace. Plenty of time to rest during the run. They have high avg speeds which allows you to cruise. If you are faster you will end up catching guys in front of you, pulled over on the side of trail waiting for time to go by. DON'T burn your checks!!!!

Don't let the kids and women fool you. I wouldn't be surprised to hear you got roosted by some kid on a KX65 2 stroker. :cry: It has been known to happen. :cry: I have also seen some pretty fast women on the trails !!!!

Here is a link with all the info : Training Wheels

Also read up on the history of the ride here: History

Fryboy

If you have enver ridden an enduro before you can also ride most any enduro and they have a first time clas with a shortened loop.... i think....

Why not do the WFO enduro at Stonyford on Nov.14th? I know there won't any little kids for you to roost, but at least no one will stare at an old man with two young bucks. :cry: The only race I'll be doing this fall will be at moonrocks Oct.30th, join me for that one and I'll do training wheels. :cry:

what kind of race is at moonrocks? I'm not yet ready to race, besides racing on a S model is kinda lame in my newbie mind.

Bill The Blue One - yes If you are committed to ride this one, then I would like to hitch a ride on your minute. I have my form and I was gonna mail it today with a check, but should I wait and we mail them together to get the same minute? lets do the PM thing.

this post is gonna be long.

what kind of race is at moonrocks? I'm not yet ready to race, besides racing on a S model is kinda lame in my newbie mind.

MRANN CC race, don't worry about winning. No AMA fee's to pay if you race with us old men. S is for speed, you'll do great. :cry:

Thanks for intrest guys, you can buy your AMA & D36 cards at the events, the D36 card should be good for one year also. Even if you only do one event the money goesa to good use, D36 is a leader in the CA-OHV-LAO problems, come to a D36 meeting and find out all that our LAO (Dave Pickett) does to help keep our riding areas open. The D36 LAO did alot of work and fact finding to keep the exspansion at Prairie City alive instead of the county turning into a dump!

Also the Bearfoot Family Enduro at Stoneyford in November is also a good event. Lets hope for some more rain so we can get the TW going this year.

Help keep your events and riding areas open, JOIN A CLUB!

All clubs listed at www.ama-d36.org.

Once again THANK YOU to BIGBOB & SCOTT for your help at the Fools Gold Enduro this years. I heard that many mosquitos died after sucking your blood :cry:

Kraig

MRANN CC race, don't worry about winning. No AMA fee's to pay if you race with us old men. S is for speed, you'll do great. :cry:

ya know Dom, riding with you would be a kick, but I'm just not sure I'm a racer. Yes I work at my riding skills and continue to get a little better each month, but still no matter how much better I get...in a race there are gonna be riders breathing down my neck.... and ya know I just ain't a street fighting type of guy. I don't doubt that if during the family enduro if I find the guys in the previous minute or two allways chasing down my butt..... reving their motors to get me to move over - well then I may just turn off the course and blow off that whole experience. Who needs to have guys tailgating you - thats too much like work to me.

So sorry I'm not ready and may never be to race. I'm gonna try the family enduro and come in a very positive attidude and see how it goes. one step at a time.

:cry: Them Mosquitos were the lucky ones! :cry:

I've ridden behind Bob and gotten those Ugly stares! Stay way back!!! :cry:

Moosie Pooh, Ever since Foolsgold I've wanted to try an Enduro. I'll just keep saving my pennies! But then....I'll want a KTM.....and all those new mods....the visious cycle starts all over again! :cry:

[@#$%&*!], I'm getting depressed! I gotta get out and roost some mud!!!!! Some Free Mud! :lol: Bob!? :cry:

ya know Dom, riding with you would be a kick, but I'm just not sure I'm a racer. Yes I work at my riding skills and continue to get a little better each month, but still no matter how much better I get...in a race there are gonna be riders breathing down my neck.... and ya know I just ain't a street fighting type of guy. I don't doubt that if during the family enduro if I find the guys in the previous minute or two allways chasing down my butt..... reving their motors to get me to move over - well then I may just turn off the course and blow off that whole experience. Who needs to have guys tailgating you - thats too much like work to me.

So sorry I'm not ready and may never be to race. I'm gonna try the family enduro and come in a very positive attidude and see how it goes. one step at a time.

It's only a race if you let it be. I'm in the hill's all weekend, you're welcome to use my bike while the drz is being serviced. Take Slickco up and roost him with the WR power. :cry:

Bob,

Damn it, do it.

Look at it this way.. No one else to worry about, no head on troubles, no slow-ass 650 riders to contend with and the the folks that pass ya, heck- they were faster to begin with..

Racing is the ultimate test of your skills, and after one race you'll be hooked. In the end it ain't where you placed, but that you did it!! The feeling you get after will far outweigh the prior mental resistance suffered...

Raced for close to 20 years, that's why I was on your fender..couldn't help myself - it's fun!!!

naw.. it's not my way. I surfed for 30 years too and traveled far and wide to ride some awesome and scary waves. I have plenty of adventure in me and talent too, but when it came to surf contests I paddled to the shore and never even watched them.

I'm looking forward to my first small taste of the enduro thang......thats enough for me.

if My clutch cable wasn't so shot and impossible to pull I would go up Satyrday and ride with you and that speedser wife of yours......may still do it. The DRZ don't go under the knife still Saturday evening. :cry: