First time at Lake Elsinore track...

Actually, it's our first time riding on the mainland! My husband and I are going to be in California Oct 7 and 8 and are planning to ride at Lake Elsinore on the 7th. We have never ridden on a track before. My husband will be fine...I just need to learn how to stay out of everyone's way! Any tips? Any info. specifically about this track? Maybe we'll see some of you out there. L2F may be there too!

dirtygirl i went to the Elsinore track last weekend.. and it was alot of fun but way to crowded for me.. i dunno there are alot of tracks there soo i guess there is enough to choose from. but if it was me i would want to go to a less intimidating track for my first time.. i would suggest the track in anza california i think its called chuilla mx track i dunno its a fun lil track with a few jumps its not really supercross style soo no monster triples or anything like that its a fun lil track it was the first one i went to.. but if you do go to elsinore it will be fun i would just say choose a section of the track that you like or you think is fun and get off the track when you hear someone comin from behind and start your run over again when you have a clear path behind you.. i hope that makes since.. just join the track when there is no one behind you and ride and then when you get intimidated from someone behind you get off. and find the spot that has a section you like and get back in there... dont get pushed either because someone is behind you.. that'll just end up in you riding beyond your skill and inevitably crash good luck and have fun tracks are great alot of fun..

The 7th is a Thursday afternoon, which should be real fun and WAY less people!! And, DG, a lot of the guys don't realize that women can ride on the beginner/125 track, before they hit the vet track. I'll follow you if you'd like (unless you're to fast for me!) and see how you're doing holding your lines, and make people pass BOTH of us, until you get used to it! (I predict that'll take you about 10 minutes... maybe 15 since you'll be riding a strange bike! ?)

?

Why don't you just slow down and pass them when it's safe.

I can't stand you guys sometime. You blame people like us for not holding our line but you can do your part too by just chill. Just slow down and wait for the right time to pass. It's scary to be riding and know that a bunch of fast guys are on your assz when you're about to take a turn. It's hard enough to worry about the corner but now also knowing that some idiot fast guy may try a pass on your in the middle of the turn.

I just don't get it. When I'm on the track and is approaching a rider that I know is much slower them me, I just slow my speed all the way down until the time is right to pass them safely. Doing this will lessen the chance of causing the rider to crash or myself crashing into the rider. The other benefit is that the other rider will be less intimidated and enjoy riding the track more. He or she will thank you for it.

Hold you line. Its friggin annoying when slow people try to get out of your way cause you almsot end up nailing them. Happens all the time when Im flying down this down hill. Just hold your line and you will be fine.

It's not that I don't understand you Westladog, but think about it this way. If I'm preparing to a race I just have to go as fast as possible most of the time, because that is the only way to build up some speed in the bike.

I would never try to pass another rider in a way that will make him fall, but I slower riders will have to learn that faster riders pass them and some times very fast. I have tryed it my self, some times I train with the pro, and one thing is sure they make fast passes,

"but hey that is racing" ?

Dirtygirl don't worry! just keep your line and those comming from behind to pass will pass you and even if it is through corners they will just pass you, think about it this way, if they have the speed to pass you they also have the skills to do it without problems for any of you.

enjoy the track racing ?

Why don't you just slow down and pass them when it's safe.

I can't stand you guys sometime. You blame people like us for not holding our line but you can do your part too by just chill. Just slow down and wait for the right time to pass. It's scary to be riding and know that a bunch of fast guys are on your assz when you're about to take a turn. It's hard enough to worry about the corner but now also knowing that some idiot fast guy may try a pass on your in the middle of the turn.

I just don't get it. When I'm on the track and is approaching a rider that I know is much slower them me, I just slow my speed all the way down until the time is right to pass them safely. Doing this will lessen the chance of causing the rider to crash or myself crashing into the rider. The other benefit is that the other rider will be less intimidated and enjoy riding the track more. He or she will thank you for it.

Interesting, but that's not what I see. I usually see the "slower guys" being slow in the turns, and in the rythem sections. As soon as they hit the straight they hit the throttle just like everyone else. If I'm stuck behind a slow guy in a turn (because apparently if I pass him there, I'll scare him), and then we both go WFO coming out, what's gonna happen? Someone's gonna get punted going into the next turn. Conversely, If the slower rider simply holds his line (like I and everyone else out there is expected to do), we can both keep our pace, and everyone keeps on having a good time. If you're scared of faster bikes going around you, you need to either get used to it, or get off the track. We ALL get passed.

I thought we were talking about the vet track. Since they've made it more technical, the thing's more crowded. The main track is wide and long, so slow(er) riders aren't a problem there

My Bad... I didn't read much... I haven't been out there for a while. Too hot for a fat guy... ?

Cool part with the desert season coming the tracks should be a little less crowded. But I can't wait for the Dez!