Sign in to follow this  

125sx for first bike

Hello, I am new here. I was wondering what you guys thought of a 125sx as a frst bike. I like riding in pismo beach on the dunes with my atv but want to change it up a little and get a dirt bike. Will the 125sx be enough for the dunes? Im not looking for something that will get me 20ft in the air but I dont want a slouch either. Let me know what you guys think.

i would say go for a four stroke, the new 250's are supposed to be kick ass next year. my friend just bought a CRF250 and he loves it, its one of the most selling bikes out now, at leat around here it is

Someone told me that a 4 stroke has 1/2 the power of a 2 stroke, is there any truth to this? What other advantage does a 4 stroke have other than a little more power?

not really half the power but the 450 races with the 250 2 strokes, a 4 stroke is alot better in many ways, i used to be a 2 stroke rider than i rode a 4 stroke and i was hooked, you dont have to use the clutch as much and the power is always there, and i always thought it was a plus that you dont have to mix the gas :cry:

Ya maby for your first bike get a 4-stroke but when you ride the 2-strokes it pushes you harder and you get much faster then when u get on a 4-stroke you'll fly. just look at bubba.