Sign in to follow this  

Scotts and Topar racing disc guards

Looking to get the Scotts fin for the rear and the Topar racing fin for the front. Anybody got some Pro's/Con's, better units, etc. information for me?

ThanX,

Don :cry:

I don't know anything about the Topar, but the Scotts rear fin is a work of art and worth every penny of it's very expensive price tag. :cry: :cry:

Ride, do you have it on your bike? How long and what conditions do you ride under?

ThanX,

Got them on my bike, friends bikes, many customers bikes etc. Well tested. I ride a lot 200-300 miles a month and have freinds running them that ride more than that. Conditions are NW (oregon Washington) Rocks, mud, roots etc. Thats why we designed it.

I've got the Scotts rear disc guard, as said above it's a real functional work of art. Fit and finish is excellent!

:cry:

Ride, on the website the Axle mount is on the outside just before the nut, but on your pic it is inside the fork, which is it? and is it mounted with just 4 screws? I would like a more detailed dwg, photo of the mounting? (Yeah, I'm a picky bastard but I am an Engineer also and if I'm spending $$$ I make sure its well designed and is right).

Why the hell hasn't anyone incorporated the disc and caliper into one guard????

I've decided on the Scotts for the rear for sure!!!!!

On the fork it mounts inside as it replaces the axle spacer. On the rear it replaces the axle block that is right before the nut. I don't blame you on going with the Scotts, it’s a great unit. Ours is a lot less money and bridges the gap between the one that just mounts to the caliper carrier (which snaps the tabs off) and the full boat expensive Scotts unit.