Sign in to follow this  

Hello Dwight

Ive read some of your posts here and would like to ask a few Q's..Im a Vet A Enduro rider (SETRA) and want to set up an xr320 but with a few changes. Is this kit avaiblable in 11:1 comp instead of 13:1 ?.. just to help keep the head temp/ stress down. Im looking for a quick off the idle engine to get that half sec. in the turns on my competitors.. ( in a 15 mile section its adds up to minutes).. who needs a 10,000 rpm power band in a muddy rock garden where many enduros are won and lost? Anyway, What about a pumper carb ? I know the pumper carb debate has been batted around , ... Unfortunitly , Im new here,,Have you found the stock forks without a brace to be flex free enough for hard riding ? I may have the chance for a set of 1995 xr600 forks to adapt over to the 320... is this too much weight for the front end ?

Thanks for all the help!

XRVIC

I bought a XR320 from an Edelbrock employee a couple of years ago. I faced the same issue. I did not want to use race gas all the time. It would be really inconvenient on dual sport rides! So, after talking to both Rob Barnum and Gary Hazel of Thumper Racing, I backed of to the 300 kit. Gary made me a custom sleeve and Rob did the assembly. I am very happy with it. It doesn't quite have the power of the 320, but it is a good compromise for me. BTW the 300 is lower compression, so premium gas is OK. This bike has an XR400 oil cooler. I regard it as a requirement to keep the temps down!

Good luck,

RH