shim help

left intake-loose .004 right-loose.005 -i have searched the valve post(about 150 post till i couldn'tread another)and need to know if when i shim these back into spec should i get new springs.trying to get this fixed as the weather is perfect and if i have to go with stainless i would rather do that in the winter.

If I'm reading/understanding correctly, your intakes are at .004 and .005 and the weather is perfect? Go ride man! then shim them when your done! One ride won't matter! Riding is what matters so if you have good conditions let it rip. Those clearances are going to be fine. Shim when it rains!!! ?

exhaust valves are left-.010 & right .011,which are in spec.I just need advice on is it worth changing out intake springs when i shim them back into specs.They are just barely out of specs and i would not think i would have any seat or valve damage yet-right :excuseme:come on and help a brother out ?

are you sure you have to pull the head to replace the springs? I think with a clamp type spring compressor you could compress the spring and pull the keepers off and then replace the spring. If the piston is at TDC the valves cant fall into the cylinder...that is if they even move at all...and if htey do fall into the cylinder...you had to take the head off apparently anyways!

But this was just a thought I havent tried it.