Sign in to follow this  

taller bars?

im 6'3" about 240 riding my 525 and it gets tiring to stand up sometimes cuz i have to lean down a bit, what kind of bars do you suggest to make it taller or if there are any other solutions please let me know

go to the renthal and protaper web sites they have listing, and, specs for the rise and bends of the bars, I believe there is a travis Pastrana freestyle bend that has a very tall rise,and has the shallow pullback like the stock KTM bars.

KX high is what I use. Brought the bars up nicely for me. Im 6'0. The FMX bars are REALLY high. If you have the stock bar clamps, you can double up on the lower clamps (buy a second set) and raie the bars that way. Not very neet looking but gets the job done.

Hi all, have also been noticing my hands and back getting numb after a few hours on the bike. Just switched seat foam (KTM stock = 2x6) but also notice I slide forward onto tank while riding. My mechanic says my bars are raked to far forward. What's the best way to tell if the bars are set correctly? He also suggested getting taller bars. BTW, the bike was lowered 1.5 inches. My size, 5'9/165 lbs.

Any suggestions?? :cry:

Thanks, Tim.

I planed to get KX highs as well like Cisco, but got Tags CR 2X hi's cause my handguards were for magura/tag and had a separate mount for Pro Tapers.

I think the KX hi's are 108mm, and mine are 115mm. The FMX's are 120mm if I recall correctly. Its been a year since i checked.

On my KX I have tall posts as well, and on my KTM I have lowered pegs. I think if I did it again, I'd get tall posts for the KTM too. I keep banging my toes on stuff. :cry:

Cheers,