Sign in to follow this  

Jetting for 2k to 7k elevation

I know jetting questions and answers are all over the place in the forum and the jetting index is awesome but I can't seem to find the correct jetting for my elevation. I am doing the 3X3 mod and Dynojet Kit with a slightly modified stock exhaust. I ride in Idaho from around 2000ft up to 7000ft and spend slightly more of my time at 4k to 5k elevations. I know this may be beating a dead horse but I am in need of a little help. Thanks in advance.

You can look at my sig. for a starting point. Someone else will know more about it than me, but those jets work good for me for 2000 to 4000 feet with stock exhaust and kientch fuel screw.

If I had to guess, I would say 132 main to start with. :cry:

Thanks, I was thinking that starting at 132 was where I needed to be. Where do you have your needle position, which clip? I hope this makes the difference that everyone says it does.

I did plenty of riding from 3,000 to 7,000 feet in SoCal and concur with the 134 main. It is important to put your DJ needle in the #3 (from the top) position or it will run way rich at part thottle above 6,000 feet or so. The kit calls for the #4 position.

A riding buddy of mine experienced the same issue with his more or less identical DRZ. Give it a shot. :cry:

Ok so it looks like if I go with a 134main, needle in the 3rd clip position instead of the fourth that will be a good starting place. Are you using the same 25pilot? And I am sure I will just have to play with the fuel screw to get it dialed in. Thanks for all the help. :cry:

Thanks again I have everything I think I need. I already talked with Jesse at Kientech and ordered the fuel screw and the replacement allen head bolts for the carb. Just wanted to make sure that I had everything and it was what I needed, Oh just need to pick up the 134main today on the way home. Thanks again.