Sign in to follow this  

Can Bubba beat Ricky???

As you can see most of my time is spent on flattrack stuff, so I'm a little out of the MX loop. Is Bubba racing 250's this year? And, can he beat Ricky. Me and a guy are kinda battling on a different site, looking for your oppinions. Thanks.

I think bubba is going to spend a considerable amount of time on the ground this season. It's going to be one hell of a Supercross season regardless. Too many real players. Pastrana is back, or will be..or how long remains to be seen, but the kid can ride in the top 3 with anyone. You got the X factor of Stewart...Reed and Windam too. All these guys are capable of running in first place. Anybody that says "without a doubt" is blowing smoke or doesnt know what he's talking about...

there are going to be four riders with a legitimate shot at the top of the box, and none of them are afraid to mix it up..I just hope everybody makes it through the season un-injured. :cry:

I think the finish will be this:

1) Reed

2) Ricky

3) Bubba

I think the switch to Suzuki will take Ricky too long to sort out which will put him behind the 8-ball. Bubba will take some soil samples. It seems he tries too hard to get in front right away and makes mistakes doing it. Reed will win. He has nerves of steel and is MC smooth.

Pastrana will be out within the first two rounds, which is bad because I like his attitude....positive, always smiling.

That's my take.

Enjoy.

Yes, Bubba could beat RC...and vice versa. I think Bubba has the overall edge in pure speed...BUT...if he does not holeshot I don't think his 1 lap charge to the front is going to work as well with the bigger bikes (and boys!) of the 250/450 class. RC is calmer and has a game plan if he does not holeshot. Reed too! Bubba is the wild card for sure, Patrana, if he can stay healthy (not likely) is going to be there too. And Windham? While I like him tremendously, he won't be winning much, he's just not having as much fun (again) and his mental state is the only thing keeping him from being a champ.

Indoors I think the four mentioned have a real shot at winning. Bubba will probably spend some time on the ground, but I'm looking forward to seeing him jump some stuff that will be just amazing.

I think that outdoors will be interesting next year. Neither Ricky or Bubba have had any one really pushing them to go faster, so they may have even more speed to unleash, scary :cry:

I think the wins will change hands many times throughout the season. One things for sure, this will be the best supercross season ever.

I would put it this way....Bubba is the only person that could possibly beat Ricky...No one else will be able to touch him...unless the yellow bike breaks. It will be a awesome year in SX and MX, best field in years to watch - :cry:

this will be an awesome year coming up I think, especially SX. It's been many years since there has been 2 or more real contenders to win a championship....first time in quite a while, more than 1 or 2 people will win a race I think. Come outdoors, Alessi may even be able to mix it up a bit....but I think there will only be 2 riders really battling it out there, RC (if the Suzook will hold up :cry:) and Bubba (if he can keep it on 2 wheels). I realy hope everyone stays healthy for a great season.

Of course Bubba can beat Ricky. Reed can as well. Ricky is a very smart racer though and will be thinking about the championship first then the win. I doubt that the switch to Suzuki will affect him much. Windham probably won't win, but he could play a role in the overall points race.

It seems that Bubba tends to get hurt when he pushes too hard, and the 250 won't be as forgiving. If he doesn't get hurt I see him as second overall in points. I think this year will prove whether or not Bubba is a smart racer, because we all know he has the speed. My guess is that Reed will win the first race of the year, but RC will take the championship.

No one works harder that RC outdoors and Bubba will beat him a few times in 05, but RC will learn from him and come back in 06 even faster. Who knows maybe he'll get another perfect season in 06. :cry: What a great time to be an SX/MX fan

I saw Ricky and Bubba up close and personal at Millville and Ricky was faster...that was ovious. But Bubba couldnt do all the jumps like Ricky could so I dont know. When Ricky is pushed he goes so fast..I think that Bubba will come in third behind Windham I hope but most likely Reed. I think that Ricky will dominate I hope.

I saw Ricky and Bubba up close and personal at Millville and Ricky was faster...that was ovious.

Uh yeah Ricky was probably faster, he's riding a 450 and bubba was on a 125, does'nt that account for a little ya think!!! :cry:

I think Bubba is just a bit too cocky IMO and needs to be put in his place. RC is just the guy to do it! :cry:

I think Bubba will go too fast, and crash a lot. When he gets used to the 250, then will see some epic battles in the front of the 250 class finally.

I really want to know how MC will do.

I agree with most of you that ricky will more than likely dominate. But I would really look out for Windham, if he gets confortable in the first few races I think he could take it all. If you remember last year on the comback, he had a shaky first few races and then ended up right there on Reeds heels. I think Bubba will be strong, but I heard a interview with him and he said the power of the KX250f he rode at Glenn Helen was hard for him to hang on to. Who knows, all I know is that I've got tickets to the US Open! SWEET!!!!!!! :cry:

I imagine we will know very early in the season. If Stewart comes into race one and dominates, the rest will probably be ok racing for second place.

Being at a supercross this year gave me a new outlook on the supercross racing. It looked like there was a decent level of competition, but not so much as to ruin the "show". I am not saying the guys were not talented or anything stupid like that, but it felt like "entertainment" rather than racing.

I cannot wait for the two to race the outdoor series. I would hate to be against RC outdoors. He appears to have the ability to rise to whatever level he needs to.

danman had a pretty good assessment. I think a big part of it will be whether or not RC gets the yellow bike dialed into his liking. RC's advantage will be outdooor, i think. Bubba might win a SX or two, but the outdoor nationals will be tougher for him. RC won every moto last year!!!!! But it hinges on that yellow bike - we'll see who's wrong and who's right. As for Reed, Windam, MC, and the rest - good luck! :cry:

why do u guys think bubba is going to wreck so much? the only time he wrecked alot was when he moved up to the 125s but he has probley had tons of hours on his 250 so I think its gonna be a shoot out between him and ricky in points