Sign in to follow this  

Need new helmet.........Advice?

I had a HJC that I smashed into the ground using my head and a little gravity. I need a new lid. What are some good helmets that you have used and why do you like them? I've been looking at Bell, THOR, FOX, Troy Lee Designs, HJC, and others. I'm really considering the Bell SCX Wicked. I like the flat black. Any opinions?

I went shopping for one last weekend and discovered that higher price doesn't necessarily equal better fit. Whatever you get, make sure it fits correctly! I ended up dropping about $280 on an HJC. Not the trickest helmet on the shelf, but pretty light and good fit. I probably over-paid, because I hate to shop, and almost always get ripped off! :cry:

New helmets are coming out now. My local shop sold me an 04' TLD SE for $285. Retail is $425. Try calling around and asking what helmets are on sale. Some shops may not advertise but make an offer. They want the 04' stuff gone.

Good luck--Tim.

after looking around i settled on a m2r, cant say how good it is cause it didnt arrive yet

I had a HJC that I smashed into the ground using my head and a little gravity. I need a new lid. What are some good helmets that you have used and why do you like them? I've been looking at Bell, THOR, FOX, Troy Lee Designs, HJC, and others. I'm really considering the Bell SCX Wicked. I like the flat black. Any opinions?

TLD makes awesome lids. You should try the m2r Revex2 if your dealer supplies them; I have one and its great! Lightweight and nicely styled (unless you dislike fins; then I would steer clear of it)

If anyone cares my girlfriend just bought me a HJC, not sure what style, but it looks great and matches my Yamaha...its pretty light compared to my old helmet! :cry:

I read somewhere that you can take the fin off and is just attached with two sided tape!? looks more like the thing on a chicken than a fin!

TLD makes awesome lids. You should try the m2r Revex2 if your dealer supplies them; I have one and its great! Lightweight and nicely styled (unless you dislike fins; then I would steer clear of it)

I have the O'neal Venom helmet, and it is a great lid, Lite as a feather and strong as hell. $200 well spent.

New helmets are coming out now. My local shop sold me an 04' TLD SE for $285. Retail is $425. Try calling around and asking what helmets are on sale. Some shops may not advertise but make an offer. They want the 04' stuff gone.

Good luck--Tim.

That's a good price! What shop is this? I'm looking for Troy Lee SE helmet. The all gray version.