Sign in to follow this  

TTR90 Upgrades

Now I know they dont make a whole lot of stuff for the Yamaha 90's or not as much as the honda crf50's, but I wanted to know some stuff. First, Does anyone know if there is a release pin or something to make the 90's have a 4th gear, and can you put a clutch on it?. Second, Does anyone make a big bore kit for my 90 or could i port and polish my cylinder head? Third, Does anyone make a suspension kit like they do for the crf50's? Fourth, Does anyone know how much the electric start is for the yamaha 90's? My Yamaha TTR-90 is a 2003 but I bought mine right when they came out and in mid production they redesigned them with electric start, just wondering if anyone has done this to a 90, I know alot of people dont make their 90's fast, but they go with a SDG or a KLX or what not. Thank you for your help in advance!

www.precision-racing-components.com

www.Powroll.com

www.fast50s.com

www.sanoracing.com

www.twobros.com

www.faster-minis.com

www.acnmw.com

PDF TTR90 performance guide

Powroll and precision racing have the big bore kits.

Precision racing does porting as I am sure many of the others do also.

I doubt anyone makes a 4th gear kit for the 90.

I dont know if a electric start is an option on that model as the cases may not have that option molded in to them. Its not that hard to kick start anyways.

Twobros has a new 110 bigbore for the 90's, email them about it, it is in there latest catalog but I guess not on the site yet.

For a motor the size of a 110 it would be much better, as anything smaller than a 22mm is chocking it. 108 and 110 xr50 motors are typically paired with a 24mm carb.

so...do u mean that keeping the stock carb wouldn't blow it up or anything

but it would be better if i had a carb?????

Right, it would still run fine with the stock carb, just not as good as it could or make as much possible power.

Why is the fmf the best exhaust for the ttr?Just trying to find out your reasoning behind this.BTW the big gun header diameter is bigger which is better for BBKs.

The FMF is the best for the money, and if I remember correctly, the question was which exhaust was the best bang for the buck. Also, a larger headpipe diameter is not always better(not the case with a 250 or 450 thumper). With a larger hole more air will pass through it, but a smaller hole will allow air to pass through much faster than with a large diameter hole, which gives better throttle response, etc,... Velocity is the key with small motors. I have a CRF50 with a 88cc S-Stage and it has better low end power and throttle response with the WB R4 (head pipe diameter is similar to that of the FMF) than the TBR Pipe which has a larger head pipe. The TBR Has lots of top and isn't as good in the dirt (trails/track) as the R4. I would rather use the larger diameter headpipe for supermoto or a larger size mx/sx track, for backyard though, a smaller head pipe, in my opinion, is better.

But...always something to consider is jetting, which can make the bike's attitude change completely.

In the end, it is all based on personal preference, whether a person likes all top end and no bottom, or whether they like good bottom and power out-of-the-hole power.

-bbrdout50

Oops, i guess the question wasn't which pipe was the best bang for the buck, but, it is no doubt one of the best performing as well as best sounding exhausts made. Other exhaust to consider would be the White Brothers R4 or the Pro Circuit T-4.

-bbrdout50

Rockymountainmc.com should have the FMF, and denniskirk.com should have all of them.

Oh, and the Fast50's exhaust is good, inexpensive and is like an internal disc supertrapp. Here

-bbrdout50

r there any big bore kits that come with you not having to bore them out

also what is the best pipe for cheap

takagawa? I just bought a 110 big bore with sleeved cylinder, flat top piston and racing cam for 300. or so I think it was. I got it through my local, but I have seen them on the web everywhere, seemed pretty common.

www.Powroll.com

www.fast50s.com

www.sanoracing.com

www.twobros.com

www.faster-minis.com

www.acnmw.com

I dont know if a electric start is an option on that model as the cases may not have that option molded in to them. Its not that hard to kick start anyways.

how does one shop the Sanoracing web? weird and hard to follow.

and don't click the www.acnmw.com its all pron listings

how does one shop the Sanoracing web? weird and hard to follow.

and don't click the www.acnmw.com its all pron listings

if you didn't say anthing i would have never known so i had to try... doesn't seem like any of the links work anyways..

:banghead::busted::D :D

www.Powroll.com

www.fast50s.com

www.sanoracing.com

www.twobros.com

www.faster-minis.com

www.acnmw.com

Does anyone have a copy of the PDF? The link appears to be broken.