Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone else lost weight?

I've lost 14 lbs in about 3 1/2 weeks. We rode last Sunday for the first time since. I couldn't believe how much easier it was! I haven't been excercising much, just eating lots of protein, veggies and fruit....very little fat and carbs. I felt alot stronger! Probably cuz I wasn't dragging all that extra weight around. Fortunately, I had some riding pants that I haven't been able to wear in quite a while. But now even they are too big in the waist. YEA! I have 10 more lbs to go....and I need to start excercising to keep up my strength. My crf230 is still alot heavier than the xr100 and I'm having a little trouble getting up steap hills. I don't think that has anything to do with my weight loss, I'm just not used to the bigger bike yet. I just need more practice, I think. It's been so hot. We'll ride alot more this fall/winter.

So, has anybody else done this while they're still riding? Have you noticed how much easier it is to ride?

:cry:

I went from a size 16 down to a 10 over the winter last year. I don't know weight lost, because I don't own a scale.

After I lost the weight, I started jumping my ttr125 and throwing it around, so I just bought a KX100. I have put some weight back on, I'm about a size 12 now. I started having a daycare child dropped off at 6:15am and that was my workout time. :cry: I was working out 5 days a week.

I am still trying to adjust my schedule to add working out back in. Hopefully riding more will help work me out.

I've gone from a maxed-out size 10 to a comfortable size 8. 164 lbs to 150. I'm 5'5".....so I'm thinking 140 will be just right. Of course, if I lose any more 'up top' than I have, xrDan will put the breaks on the diet! :cry: :cry:

Riding definately helps lose weight and keep if off, I went from an 8 to a 10 during the two months while the collar bone was broken (studying for the bar didn't help either, gained a total of 8 lbs :cry:), but now that I'm riding again I expect to work that off in short order! :cry:

I can say that I have a good reason for my weight gain, I just had a baby a little over 5 months ago and went through a serious emergency c-section. I did start riding agian about 2-1/2 months after I had my son, but really haven't ridden as much as I would like. High protein and lots a veggies with fruit mixed in is a good diet because after my 1st child, I had 25 pounds to lose...on that diet (and exercise routine) I lost a total of 28 with a fat percentage at 18 which for a 29 year old woman is exceptional. You can do it and you'll feel better. I know I do and can handle riding for much longer periods, but I have that weight to lose all over again. :cry:

Riding definately helps lose weight and keep if off,

Yes, it does....but we haven't ridden much since the spring. That could have alot to do with my weight gain. Dropping this 14 lbs is strictly from dieting right now. Hopefully, once we ride more often this fall it'll help me keep it off.

I know that the stronger I feel, the better I ride. I try to hit the weights harder when I know I have a few weeks that we won't be riding much, like in the winter or during a hot dry summer or when there's too many other things I have to get done.

The added strength from weight training seems to help my riding as much as just riding more often does. I'm sure that losing weight would mean less effort to do any activity - guess I should try it!!! :cry:

I've always like to lift weights though and if I don't get some kind of excersize in at least every couple days I tend to get very very grouchy.

Yamamama, what about naptime for working out? I am fortunate because we have a workout gym here at work with cardio & weights and shower facilities so I work out at lunch. Mountain bike trails are only 10 minutes away so I used to do that at lunch (okay it was more than a lunch hour then) but I haven't done much of it this year for some reason.

If it wasn't for my lunchtime workout, it would be much harder to get a good regular workout. I like to run in the mornings but then I gotta get up early & now that the sun isn't up till after 6 am it isn't as easy to do.

So Croaker, more protein, fruits & veggies, less carbs & fat hmmmm, maybe I can fit into some of my old clothes one of these days.

Good luck with your weight loss KC!

I'm really happy with the diet I chose. It's a little extreme with their idea of everything being 'toxic' to the liver, but I'm sure mine could use a good cleaning. It's called the Fat Flush Plan. www.fatflushplan.com It works.....but it's tough! xrDan has been very supportive. He really wasn't into it at all. This was all my idea. He prefers 'curvy' women, but he seems to be coming around. Not to say I'm not curvy....cuz I am. Let's just put it this way......I'm becoming more of an hourglass than a 3 hourglass. :cry:

So did you purchase the supplements & fat flush stuff or just follow the diet guidelines for your success?

I'd love to workout at naptime, but the nap room is right below the living room. :cry: I did try that, but all I had was cranky kids. I do my 8 minute abs workout at naptime. It is really a quiet workout.

I really think I would do better with a workout buddy. I tend to be a slacker if I can find anything else to do, other then workout. :cry:

I will have to look into the diet croaker posted. Diet and exercise this time around might work better. Last time I just worked out everyday. The inches really melted then, but I don't have the time now.

bbbom....At first I didn't take the supplements and I still lost about 8 lbs in a week and a half. I've been taking them for about 2 weeks now. I'm not sure that I'll buy them from the website when I run out. I may be able to find comparable locally for cheaper. I'm not sure. If I eat the right foods I should be getting plenty of vitamins and essential oils from my meals.

Can ya tell I'm undecided on the the value of the supplements? :cry: :cry:

The book was helpful. I tweak the menu guidelines a bit, though. That's the beauty....once you learn the fundamentals you can create your own meals. There's a chat forum on www.ivillage.com that has been very helpful with my questions, as well.

I wish.

I might have shaved off 5 pounds or so over the summer, but not too much. One pair of pants does fit better than it did though.

Hey, 8 minute Abs, we use that too, and once in awhile 8 minute arms, legs, butt, stretch etc. I got the whole set several years ago but the 8 minute Abs is the best one in the bunch. Cranky kids, not good, I had to deal with a cranky boss on one occasion - lost my keys at the top of Beacon Hill and didn't realize it till I got back to the parking lot. Now THAT was a 2 hour lunch!

A workout buddy is definitely a good thing. Karl works out with me in the mornings when we have time. He doesn't like to run though so I usually take a jog with the dog while he hits the snooze or makes coffee then we hit the 8 minute abs & some yoga before getting ready for work.

When I used to train for volleyball I had a friend that lived 2 miles away. We were very competitive but still friends so we'd each run towards the other's house then go for a run & run back to our own houses - it always turned into a sprint back home cause then we'd call & see who got home first!

Croaker - the diet part sounds good. I've always been concerned about any weightloss booster type things, especially after the Ephedra scares and such. I never took it but just hearing about it was enough to make me leary of anything similar to it. Plus, I hate spending $$$ on that stuff if I can get the results without it.

I did lose about 10 lbs over the summer just from cutting back on junk food. I usually eat pretty healthy but have a weak spot for candy & hitting Applebees for half price appetizers & beer! Cutting out Applebees would help shrink the butt & fatten the wallet I guess!

I did lose about 10 lbs over the summer just from cutting back on junk food. I usually eat pretty healthy but have a weak spot for candy & hitting Applebees for half price appetizers & beer! Cutting out Applebees would help shrink the butt & fatten the wallet I guess!

ACK! THE BEER! That's the hardest part. My major weakness! That's my 'cheat' though. I have one beer every night or two. Shame on me! Once I get down to my goal...I'll work a few more in now and then. :cry:

So bbbom how are the rest of the 8 minute workouts? I only have the abs one.

I really just need to get my butt to bed earlier at night and out earlier in the morning! There again other things to do rather then sleeping. :cry:

Does anyone know if you get better results by working out in the am or pm?

Theory I used to lose 30 pounds was the morning .. and here's why.

During the day your body stores readily-accessible glucose as it's primary source of energy. Your first 20-minutes of cardio will draw from these stores.

After that, your body will use a combination of protein (stored in you muscles) and fat to keep the engine running.

Exercising in the morning is more efficient, because you haven't eaten in 12 hours. The readily-accessible source of energy was pretty much spent while you slept. So you get into your fat-burning sources more rapidly as you work out in the morning.

I want to point out that running for an hour and walking for an hour expends the same amount of calories. You don't need to train hard ... moderate intensity, longer duration is the key to reducing body fat.

And follow the golden rule:

Eat like a king in the morning, a prince at lunch and a pauper at dinner.

:cry:

Thanks for the explanation. That helps me out a lot. So it looks like early to bed and early to rise is the answer.

If ya can do it in the morning, it's best. But I have two little ones myself and if it weren't for my lunchtime runs I'd be a moose! And I'd ride like a slug.

I also like the new Billy Blanks TAE BOE CDs. They do that lame marketing thing where you have to buy a punching bag to get the most out of it, but even without the punching bag, it's a good option for working out on a whim or if your day goes by so fast, and you just gotta fit it in.

Has anyone else tried them?

If ya can do it in the morning, it's best. But I have two little ones myself and if it weren't for my lunchtime runs I'd be a moose! And I'd ride like a slug.

I also like the new Billy Blanks TAE BOE CDs. They do that lame marketing thing where you have to buy a punching bag to get the most out of it, but even without the punching bag, it's a good option for working out on a whim or if your day goes by so fast, and you just gotta fit it in.

Has anyone else tried them?