Sign in to follow this  

CRF 250 X BOG

I have worked out the bog on my WR250F and have some leftover leak jets. My buddy bought an 04 CRF250X and has some bog. Would my leak jets work in his carb and help? What size is stock and what size seems to work best in an 04 CRF250X? Obviously I am assuming the problem and fix (leak jets) is similar to my WR 04 but I understand it may not be.

What mods has he done if any to the X? My wife's had a terrible bog and I cleaned it up by doing the following:

40 to 42 on the pilot

two notches richer on the needle

130 to 150 on the main

Our X is completely stock motor-wise other than these jetting changes. It comes WAY lean from the factory.

BTW we are at ~1000' and temps have been in the 80-95 degree range.

he bought it new and hasn't done any mods as of our last talk a week ago.

with the wr bog is caused by too much or not enough gas squirt from the accelerator pump. I assume that this is similar with the CRFx and that a proper leak jet can resolve it but I may be wrong.

Correct. I'm still chasing the bog on my YZF and have it under control but not solved completely. But on the X it's 100% gone.

Tell him to richen up the main and needle and then delve into the leak jet if necessary. They're way lean from the factory presumably for emissions reasons.

I would aggree, try the richer clip position and main jet before looking into leak jets.

The CRF250X carburetor float blowl is incredibly difficult to work on. The exhaust, seat, subframe, and fuel tank all need removal to get at the carb for the float bowl removal.

James