Sign in to follow this  

Arm Pump Relief???? have I found the answer??

Interesting... let us know.

However, I have my own recipe.

Two Extra Strength Tylenol 1hr before the race/ride... to thin the blood. Works great everytime.

Two Extra Strength Tylenol 1hr before the race/ride... to thin the blood. Works great everytime.

THe tylenol thing has worked well for me in the past also. But you do have to be in somewhat decent shape for it to help. No suplement in the world will help if you are out of shape. Like I am now after 9 months with no bike :cry:

Please let me know if it works!!! I gots arm pump like no other :cry:

By the way: Just registered with TT yesterday after reading since the summer (I had nothin better to do). I have a 2003 crf450 and I love it!! Im 15 years old, 6 foot 4 inches, 246 pounds lol :cry:. My other hobbies are paintball, and Tae Kwon do. I ride at a track in Hartford named Rocky Hill (www.ctmotocross.com), Englishtown N.J and occasionally Jack Frost in Penn. Any other homeboys from Rocky Hill here???

DrStrangelove,

Tie one end of a rope to a weight, tie the other end of the rope to a broom handle in the middle (equal distant from both ends). Hold the broom handle parallel to the floor and twist your hands one at a time, rolling the handle and pulling the weight up until the weight is all the way off the floor and against the broom handle. Now twist your hands the other way until the weight is on the floor again. Do this until you can’t do it any more, that’s arm pump.

If it thins the blood as much as an equivalent amount of aspirin, I'd be careful of bleeding, hemmorage, or big-time bruising. Just a thought.

Ok, I'll be the dope. What exactly is arm pump? Is it like tendonitus? You know how your tendons that pump your arm muscles get really sore if you OVER stress them?

From racerxill:

Arm pump is academically known as chronic exertional compartment syndrome (CECS). At its most basic: arm pump is the failure of blood to leave your forearm fast enough. New blood is constantly coming into your forearm, and if the old blood is not removed, backpressure builds up. The forearm compartment is not elastic, so when the pressure does build up, other structures such as nerves and muscles get compressed and lose their ability to function properly. (Picture stepping on a garden hose….) This compression of important structures is what causes the loss of sensation and inability to contract your muscles.

http://racerxill.com/092004_Virtual_Trainer.cfm

eat alot of Banana's the morning of the race and Hydrate the day before the race and drink alot the day of the race. It's helped me. Check the ingredients of the suppliment I bet it has potasium in it.

Tylenol, AKA acemotifin (I know I've spelled it wrong)does not thin your blood. If you want to thin your blood you take aspirin.

In my experience I've found that if I pump up, it's usually because I'm holding on too tight. When I'm relaxed, I don't pump up. Just my two cents...... :cry: :cry:

Tylenol, AKA acemotifin (I know I've spelled it wrong)does not thin your blood. If you want to thin your blood you take aspirin.

well you caught me... :cry:

I'm the guy who calls 'paper towels' Scott towels... and 'tissue' Kleenex. Hence 'Tylenol' aspirin.

I take "Aspirin" to help my arm pump. And yes... I know it thins the blood, but since I don't 'plan' on crashing... no worries. Plus, I think my last bruise was when I was a kid. I don't bruise easily like some. If I bruise at all. :cry:

Anyone know what Vicodin has in it to help with arm pump??? I don't... but it helps when I'm out of 'aspirin' related products. It's just too costly and some of my friends think it's candy. :cry: Damn pill poppers. :cry: :cry:

Ok, I'll be the dope. What exactly is arm pump? Is it like tendonitus? You know how your tendons that pump your arm muscles get really sore if you OVER stress them?

See my avatar. :cry: :cry:

Obviously, you need more conditioning - just wank more!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I wouldnt do that...

Here's my solution:

- Grip the bike with your knees more. Your arms should be used to twist the throttle and work the controls and steer, not hold on.

- Pushups

- Jogging

I virtually have NO arm pump problems. My arms dont fatigue any more than any other part of the body. Works for me :cry:

[

I wouldnt do that...

Here's my solution:

- Grip the bike with your knees more. Your arms should be used to twist the throttle and work the controls and steer, not hold on.

- Pushups

- Jogging

I virtually have NO arm pump problems. My arms dont fatigue any more than any other part of the body. Works for me :cry:

Blah, blah, blah = he just wanks more!!! :cry:

[

I wouldnt do that...

Here's my solution:

- Pushups

- Jogging

Blah, blah, blah = he just wanks more!!! :cry:

It certainly does strengthen your arms :cry: