Sign in to follow this  

Excellent sale on women's gear.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the link! That's an awesome deal! (too bad I can't fit into the pants, though :cry: ) I hope Juli ends up liking them!!

Yeah, I noticed the sizes were hit or miss. They're obviously trying to liquidate some inventory. I couldn't pass that up. I bought her some nice boots, elbow guards, knee guards, and a chest protector too. At least when she finally decides to ride, she'll be protected.

Just ordered some. :cry:

Did you see the Answer women's gear on there? That's new. Colors are a little pale, but the yellow and blue aren't too girly. I think I like it.

That's the deal I got. However, I didn't like the fit. The pants were too long and too big (size 5/6). There were also some huge rubber patches on the thighs that made them uncomfortable. I'll beat that deal if anyone wants to buy my set. I only wore them once. There is a very small pipe burn on the L. inner knee, other than that they still look bran spanking new. I picked up the '05 MSR womens gear and fell in love.

Ok Folks.....(Thumpette's in particular)..... I went to this site, looking for a Christmas present for my 15 year old daughter. Well, durned if I have a CLUE what size she wears, she is probably 5'8", weighs 135lbs, and when I asked her what size pants, she said 11.....in her own words, she has a big rearend, but sheesh, I was hoping to buy this particular gear as a suprise....so...is this like, I dunno, NORMAL...if not, what size dirt gear SHOULD I buy her? Thanks for any and all help, it's much appreciated.

Tom

Ok Folks.....(Thumpette's in particular)..... I went to this site, looking for a Christmas present for my 15 year old daughter. Well, durned if I have a CLUE what size she wears, she is probably 5'8", weighs 135lbs, and when I asked her what size pants, she said 11.....in her own words, she has a big rearend, but sheesh, I was hoping to buy this particular gear as a suprise....so...is this like, I dunno, NORMAL...if not, what size dirt gear SHOULD I buy her? Thanks for any and all help, it's much appreciated.

Tom

Surprise her with a gift certificate to get gear!

All brands run different. If she wears an 11 in pants she may not be comfortable with motorcycle pants that fit like a pair of jeans! Of course she is a teenager the tighter the better to her! :cry:

Go with the gift certificate or surprise her and take her out shopping! My b/f took me out to try on pants but didn't buy any at that time, then later surprised me with a pair! Very Cool to me! :cry:

Good Luck, you'll get a lot of advice about this!

thats awsome thanks,but i dont know the difference about boys and girl gear :cry: i dont really see a difference or is there??

they say womens are cut to fit women - but :cry: not all women seem built alike

tried on different womens pants, non would fit

as far as the huge rubber protectors or 17 different materials with lots and lots of bulging seams ... mens have them, too

mens jerseys run bigger AND have longer sleves

thats awsome thanks,but i dont know the difference about boys and girl gear :cry: i dont really see a difference or is there??

as far as the huge rubber protectors or 17 different materials with lots and lots of bulging seams ... mens have them, too

Not all men are built alike, either.

The thing I like the best about the women's gear I have tried is the cut through the hips, waist and butt. Every pair of guys' pants I have worn were so long from the waistband to the inseam that you either had to put up with extra material in the butt, which is uncomfortable on the seat, OR pull them clear up to your ribcage. Highrise pants are NOT comfy, especially if you have a belly ring. And it wasn't a size issue; the same pants with baggy butts were hard to get zipped all the way up! Ouch!

So anyway, the gear I have tried on, I liked. I have MSR, Acerbis and Fox women's gear now and in the past have had O'Neal, MC Gear and Vixen. Nearly all of it fit me better than "guy" gear would. I also have a pair of Thor OTB pants, and they are too big in the rear end (yet hard to get zipped up).

So, most medium to large sized shops will have at least ONE brand of women's gear. Give it a try if you can--even if it's a yucky color--just to get a feel for it. See what you think of it. Like Fiep said, we're all set up a little different.

Not all men are built alike, either.

The thing I like the best about the women's gear I have tried is the cut through the hips, waist and butt. Every pair of guys' pants I have worn were so long from the waistband to the inseam that you either had to put up with extra material in the butt, which is uncomfortable on the seat, OR pull them clear up to your ribcage. Highrise pants are NOT comfy, especially if you have a belly ring. And it wasn't a size issue; the same pants with baggy butts were hard to get zipped all the way up! Ouch!

So anyway, the gear I have tried on, I liked. I have MSR, Acerbis and Fox women's gear now and in the past have had O'Neal, MC Gear and Vixen. Nearly all of it fit me better than "guy" gear would. I also have a pair of Thor OTB pants, and they are too big in the rear end (yet hard to get zipped up).

So, most medium to large sized shops will have at least ONE brand of women's gear. Give it a try if you can--even if it's a yucky color--just to get a feel for it. See what you think of it. Like Fiep said, we're all set up a little different.

well i wear guys mx clothes,i havent tried any girls mx clothes.and yea i know about the guys pant thing i hate how it feels sometimes,so i want to try some girls mx clothes but dont know of any places that might have some to try on? :cry: but i think i found this one place in pasedena not sure tho,ill have to check again.thank you for sortin that out for me i just never really saw a difference in the different mx clothes. :cry:

I haven't had much luck finding some to try on in the Houston area. Pasadena? Which dealer?

I haven't had much luck finding some to try on in the Houston area. Pasadena? Which dealer?

im not sure i went there yesturday but now i forgot the name lol i think it was just like a offbrand place..ahh i forgot ill ask my dad,and when i find out ill let ya know ok?

Tom

:cry: If she's an 11, she will likely wear guys gear well... Jr. sizes (ie: odd numbered sizes) are typically cut less 'curvy', straighter in the waist, and less room in the bootie & thigh (like guys!). For example, I wear an 8 or 10... but could NOT wear a 9, it would be way too small in the hips, but an 11 will be big in the waist.

So, anyway, given her height & weight I'm betting you'd have good luck with getting her most 32s in guys. I normally wear a 32, but they can be big in the waist & tight in the bootie... but if she's an 11 they'll likely fit her better! Just make sure you keep the reciept and make sure they have a good return policy, and you can still have your suprise! :cry: