Sign in to follow this  

Power Now System

> Anyone have the new Power Now System?

> Does it really add top end and over-rev to the bike?

the sarcastic side of me wants to say, "you know, we've never actually discussed the power now on the 250F forum -- what a great topic to start!"

the straightforward side of me wants to say, "if you do a search, there are a million and seven threads related to the power now."

the polite side side of me wants to say, "the power now improves low RPM performance, not top end".

the practical side of me wants to say, "you can build your own power now for $1, see this link in the FAQ OR this link in the FAQ.

so pick which one you want.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f

We've all been "Power Now"-ed to death, but now they have a new, 2 piece system. One piece goes in the old location and the second piece goes between the carb and the motor. They claim that it increases power in the upper RPM ranges, but I find that highly doubtful. Anything that plugs up the intake seems like it would have to take away from the top end.

I would be interested to see if anyone has actually installed the new type, and what their impressions were.

I find alot of posts just get repeated around here. Everyone has their own opinion on the power now. My opinion : I just took one out of my bike this weekend and here is what I found. I had no noticible loss on low end power ,but much gain on top end . If I were you I would build one and try it for yourself.This by far has been my biggest waste of money, however I am sure that many would disagree.If you want more power pipe it and make sure it is jetted properly. Beyond that get a different ignition system and a big bore,and if this isn't enough , get used to calling it a 450, :cool:because that is what you will need

My brother in law and I both have the Powernow. With out getting into a big discussion about how it works, it works for us on the low end.

With that being said, my brother in law also likes to spend his money like a drunken sailor. I will get him to buy the Powernow plus and let you all know how the system works, or if it does at all for that matter.

Shane

I was talking about the new power now system, not the old one. I know about the old one because I did a search before and I wasn't asking about that one. I was asking about the new one that just can out.

you know, I could swear I saw a dyno of the powernow+ on a crf450 and it showed a 5hp increase on the top end. supposedly the hole was the reason. that was on their web page, but I didnt check into it much.

I was talking about the new power now system, not the old one. I know about the old one because I did a search before and I wasn't asking about that one. I was asking about the new one that just can out.

The "Powernow System" is nothing more than the combination of the Original "Powernow" and the New "Powernow Plus"

So those of us that already have the Powernow only need to buy the Powernow Plus to make the system.

Shane

Sorry. I see what your saying, you're talking about the one between the carb and the engine. My guess is, it is another over rated money grab. I would try to make my own. They charge way too much for their tiny piece of tin. :cry:

Im running an SLP power pack. Similar to a Stage II power now. One plate in the middle of the throat, one between the first piece and the bottom of carb. Both plates are on the engine side of the carb. It seemed to help on the bottom only. I think Im going to take it out and try w/out it now that Ive made a few changes.

I have the SLP as well and it did improve the low end and is cheaper than the Power Now.