Sign in to follow this  

Black Plastics for my 2004 DRZ-400S

Any suggestions on where to pick up plastics to fully black out my 2004 DRZ 400S like the new 05 DRZ 400SM...i checked the acerbis site but all were out of stock...thx in advance

Try www.cyclegear.com. I just ordered the Acerbis black plastics kit. The order has not shipped yet so I can't confirm that they are in stock, but I haven't received word from them otherwise. The black plastics can't come a day too soon. I've got an '03 with yellow plastics and a clarke 3.9 natural tank. Right now my ride looks something like a cross between a booger and a luggee. :cry:

I ordered a set of side panels last week. They don't advertise all of the products they carry on the website. Give them a call and they can probably hook you up. They sure helped me and their customer service is second to none.

Frank

Got mine from Baja Designs. Dunno if they have them in stock now though as lots of people seem to be looking for black plastics.

I'd like a black tank too. I'm not buying a new bike but turning the old E that has a plate already into a SM. I am not getting any younger and the back is junk. Why not just turn the meanie loose on the streets. Who makes the best stock size E tank for a DRZ in black. I'd want to use my stock spigot from my bike. prairiedawg :cry:

03drz- when you installed the cyclop you didnt remove your stock headlight brackets from the forks?

:cry:

03drz- when you installed the cyclop you didnt remove your stock headlight brackets from the forks?

:cry:

:lol::cry: :cry:

I made a new mount out of aluminum. I'm pretty sure all the stock crap is gone :cry:

And the plastics are just beat to shite, they look better in pics than real life...trust me :p:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::cry::lol: :lol:

Are your plastics dull/dirty or are they a matt finish??? :cry:

My black plastics look a little worn too and have never been in the dirt - I use the black for supermoto and the stock yellow stuff for dirt. The side panels show the most wear and I expect to replace them soon...that'll be about two years of use.

Wait a minute.....did I read it right?

I'd like a black tank too. I'm not buying a new bike but turning the old E that has a plate already into a SM. I am not getting any younger and the back is junk. Why not just turn the meanie loose on the streets. Who makes the best stock size E tank for a DRZ in black. I'd want to use my stock spigot from my bike. prairiedawg

PDAWG is turning to the dark side! :cry::lol::cry::cry: :cry: :lol::cry: