Sign in to follow this  

Ride on the 25th SEPT???

Is anybody going riding this weekend in central Florida?

I know a bunch of thrashers are racing the H.S at Skull

Lake area. Saturday would be a good time to practice for Sunday. what about all the rest of you? Croom is still closed, right? how about Kissimee Prearie Preserve area?

or Ocala? come on, lets ride! :cry:

it's a tight little trail that is just north of the paid parking of big bass. It's as good or better than the tight part we did in clermont, just longer.

fastjunkie131 is the guy to talk to. See if you cant get him to post the directions in here. When ever we have ridden it, it was from the towers parking area, but he has better directions.

here's how I get there...

19 to 450 in altoona, turn left.

450 to 42, turn left.

42 to big bass lake turn off (FR588), turn right.

about 1/2 - 1 mile up 588, the paid parking is on the right.

jump on the bikes from there and go on the north trail until you run into the track.

here's what was in the sept ride thread earlier from fastjunkie...

take cr25 to sr42 make left and head east abuot 8 miles or so youwill see big bass lake campground sign on right its forest road 488 on the left the campground is not open now but we park at the next road on the right , most of the time i park at the dirt road just before fr488 on the left because i am able to park right at the loop i ride.could possibly meet at the gas station at the intersection of 25 and 42 if you decide to go.

make the first right turn after the campground on a small dirt path that takes you down to the parking area.

when we were there after the hurricane, the turn off path to the parking area he mentioned was blocked by downed trees. I dont know what it's like now, but it is within a 1/2 mile or less from the paid parking area. So no biggie if it is blocked to the cars.

Hey YZ450F_Rider, what time are you going to be there?

I finally got a weekend off. I may join you guys out there... (about 50/50 right now)

Btw, in fastjunkies directions above, it's not FR488, it is fr588.

Hey that would be cool if you could make it. I'm shooting for 9 - 10 in the morning. I gotta run from south orlando so it's an easy hour for me.

I'll be on the 250 this time cause I'll be racing it sunday. Can you believe that after only 3 rides the 450 stretched the chain beyond adjustment range? So much for their "new chain for 05" propaganda. :cry:

I may be scavenging from the 450 though. I am really tempted to run the forks on the 250. My kid's 250 just blew a seal this afternoon, so it may lead me into playing fork swap, who has the 05 forks game.

Thanks for the directions.I need to get some new riding gear

hopefully I can get it before Saturday.Are you racing at

SKULL LAKE too? How about grinding a couple of links off that chain, ride that bad boy instead? :cry:

yeh we are going to try and make skull lake sunday. new gear? I am thinking about getting chapps for my neck. :cry:

I think I will wait until I am comfortable on it before I race the 450. It doesnt turn as easily as the 250 does, and raising the forks wont help since it's so skittish on the straight aways. I pretty much need more saddle time on it.