US model '04 KLX400SR?

Fraud alert! Check the VIN plate for yourself.

I dunno if it's a fraud. Maybe in LA, the year is the year of first title off the MSO. AFAIK, the KLX 400 isn't a US cataloged item in 04, but if it's brand new, what diff does the year make?

Depreciation is the difference. A bike or car that is of a certain manufacture model and represented as a newer manufacture model is fraud.

You will own a bike with an extra year of instant depreciation the moment you roll it off the show room floor.

I am quite certain the MSO will represent it as the VIN plate does...an 2003 Kawasaki.

Know what....I would get them to write you up an offer stating that it is a 2004 and have them list the information of the VIN plate. If they continue to insist it is a 2004...send the documentation to the State Attorney Generals office and press charges for consumer fraud.

Bastiges like that deserve to be fricasied!

That is very possible. The salesman that sold me my bike obviously was not a rider nor did he have the bike passion. He had no experience to relay.

If it is a poor salesman then I would simply notify him of his error and make sure the manager is not the one behind the mis-information.

If the manager don't know any better...fry him.