spokes

4 spokes it's probably not safe to ride, are they spread out over the rim if so you can putt arround but no jumps.

you probalby broke them doing a jump then flat landing if you dont have the right pressure or right spoke tension then this can happen

I know from experience. 4 of the spokes on my 94' XR650L broke at around 75 mph in the twisties on one of our back roads. ? Two went through the tube for an instant flat at speed, one went into the brake rotor and wraped around the hub, and the fourth is MIA. ? Lost control, but kept it upright, ? through a ditch and into a corn field. It took 4 guys to pull the seat out of my ass. ? From the looks of the broken spokes, the threads stretched then snapped. Ten other spokes had stretched threads also. I had the rim trued 3 months before that happened. I will now replace the spokes every 5 years regardless. I have now upgraded to gauge stainless steel spokes and nipples. I do not wish to repeat that event again.

Ray

Torquing a spoke works best when they are new. After corrosion and dirt set in, the torque value is not as reliable. Learn to tighten them and true the rim with a wrench. It doesn't take much tension to properly set the spokes. If you overtighten spokes your wheel may even be weaker.

Does anyone have the link to wheel truing? It's been in enough posts.

i dont know how the hell it happend but iam missing 4 spokes in my back tire. Do you think it would be ok to keep riding for a couple days until i buy new ones ? Any ideas on how i broke them ? ? its a mystery to me.

Their missing is a product of your ignorance to spoke maintanence. Enlighten yourself and spare thee of thy troubles. ?

Their missing is a product of your ignorance to spoke maintanence. Enlighten yourself and spare thee of thy troubles.

I always check my spokes and they are always tight. I think a stick got into my spokes and thats what happened. Iam not shure because you wouldnt think a stick could break spokes.

So, I put zipties on the back wheel.

I have always done that and it works.........FOR SURE 100%. ?

Matter of Fact.......after you have a Trued wheel(or a new one or one you know is Trued), you should do the zipties on both the front and rear. Sure won't have to worry about the spokes getting loose. ?