Sign in to follow this  

is the cajon pass/baldy mesa staging area open after the fires?

i havn't ridden at baldy mesa since the freeway fire a couple weeks ago.

can anyone tell me if the staging area under the railroad near the 15 is open?

thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. Is this a good area for tight trails and singletrack? Only rode there once a year or so ago, and did not know the area at all. The big sand hill was fun, but I suspect there was more there than I could find in just a few hours. Thanks.

Rob, there is some really fun singletrack N of the main ridge trails, but they are posted from above. Not posted from below though, so I access them from the lower areas. It's a fun 40+ mile ride.

yeah there are some really good trails north of the ridge, out in the scrub. you just have to find them. a lot of them are rabbit trails that don't lead anywhere so it takes about a year of riding out there before you get good at linking one rabbit trail to another in order to make a loop.

with a little creativity and a good memory you can ride 40 mile loops out there without ever having to ride the bombed out two track along the ridge where all the squids go. you can also make and entire loop out of singletrack without ever coming up for air out by the whoop pads or that bombed out sand hill.

get out there and enjoy it while it lasts. that place in the last 4 years has become a hotbed for quad gods and it's only a matter of time before they stumble across the good stuff and start trying to squeeze their couches down those trails.

K.C., Get back on the D-37 site and leave us alone in here.

Shouldn't you be laying out a GP track instead of play riding? lol

what's up tony?

naw, i quit the viewies and joined the four aces. the viewies pretty much made it clear to me that the only races they are ever gonna hold are gran prixs. no hard feelings but i want to put on desert races.

are you racin shamrocks on sunday?

have fun and good luck.

we were gonna field a team this year but the idea failed before it ever got off the ground.

shamrocks should be a cakewalk givin most of the fast, faster, and fastest guys will be at 24hrs...

I hear that! Overall that thing.

I think my club (DMC)is all bitter that I haven't been spending quality time with them this year. My bike has been down since May, and before that I was traveling around doing the national enduros and D-36 enduros. Just a good change from the desert stuff.

It's like a marriage, this club life.

talk to you later.

yep hear ya.

once i get a panel van and a smaller fourstroke im gonna stop doing so many desert races and do the national enduros and the tough tree type races i've alway read about.

sooner or later get out and do the moose run back east... stuff like that.