Sign in to follow this  

What sparkplug do you use??

Hi. I have a 2003 crf450 that I bought last summer. The bike us awesome and everything but one question. I have never changed the spark plug on it. It always started up on the 1st-3rd kick (mainly first) until recently. So question #1: Is it normal for a 4 stroke to go that long without a spark plug change

#2: What type of spark plug do you use??? ( my mom through out my manual by accident)

Thanks!

BigSteve

The CRF has a spark plug?????? ...Whoa.... :cry:

Joking buddy, it just has been so long since I had to change one...

Yes it is normal to go that long without changing it since they really are hard to foul out..

...but I hate to say this, check your valve clearances before you go and do anything... :cry:

That's exactly what I was going to say Rap. While you go thte tank off and checking the valves just trhow in a new plug anyway. I forget the number of the plug. Call any dealer and ask.

Oh yeah, Rap, you cracker, when are you going to change your avatar? :cry: It makes me flinch evertime I see it.

I have an '02 and I put an Iridium plug in it. I think it would still be running the original plug if I had not changed it. You will hear a lot about valves on TT but remember, "the wheel that sqeeks the loudest gets the greese." I still have not had to adjust mine but I only ride in the woods.