Sign in to follow this  

Help Please Ladies.

Well it's offical, I am a moron. :cry: I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures and I am still confused. I searched on TT and tried to find out more info but I am still having problems. I first tried using snapfish. I uploaded the photos. I right clicked on the photo and went into properties and copied the address. From there I went to post and hit the image and pasted this address after the http... After I clicked OK and I posted it, the address just stays there with no picture.

Everybody is suggesting Photobucket. I got on there to sign up but there are different sections to sign up on and I don't know were I need to be. Is this free or is there a fee? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. :cry:

Well it's offical, I am a moron. :cry: I have been trying to figure out how to post pictures and I am still confused. I searched on TT and tried to find out more info but I am still having problems. I first tried using snapfish. I uploaded the photos. I right clicked on the photo and went into properties and copied the address. From there I went to post and hit the image and pasted this address after the http... After I clicked OK and I posted it, the address just stays there with no picture.

Everybody is suggesting Photobucket. I got on there to sign up but there are different sections to sign up on and I don't know were I need to be. Is this free or is there a fee? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. :cry:

Hi Amber!

You may not have been copying the full text for the URL (Address) in the Properties window, make sure the very end of the line is the name of the file you're linking (eg. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/matte303/DSC00052.jpg (DSC00052.jpg in this case). If you're not getting the whole thing, drag the mouse down a little while you're copying it, the hidden lines should scroll into view and highlight.

PhotoBucket is great (and free), go to the main page and click the link that says "Sign up Free" (although it looks like they only allow new account signups at certain times of the day right now due to high traffic). With PhotoBucket you won't have to use the Properties window; they have a set of text boxes below each photo in your 'gallery' that you can copy the address for that photo from.

Image Station also works pretty easily. That's where my avatar is hosted anyway. :cry:

Thanks Guy and Gal. :cry: Matte, I did copy the entire address. It was very long (about 3 lines). It was weird. It didn't end in jpg. I will try photobucket or image station.

Well, it finally worked. :cry: I don't know why Snapfish would'nt work. :cry: I couldn't sign on to photobucket, so I went with image station. Thanks again. :cry:

ya know... thumper talk really should be able to host pics without having to get to take them to a site and get a url for them. one of my other forums... www.bayarearidersforum.com, you can attach a pic directly from your computer right onto their site, without the nonsense of hosting it somewhere. maybe this should be brought to the attention of bryan and brian... would make life sooooo much easier for the masses.

napa, eh? im up the road in Vacaville... we should go riding sometime! :cry:

ya know... thumper talk really should be able to host pics without having to get to take them to a site and get a url for them. one of my other forums... www.bayarearidersforum.com, you can attach a pic directly from your computer right onto their site, without the nonsense of hosting it somewhere. maybe this should be brought to the attention of bryan and brian... would make life sooooo much easier for the masses.

Hosting a zillion photosis a very tall order to fill for a small server network, kids.

Using an offsite service takes a lot of heat offa Bri and Bry's equipment. :cry: :cry:

Hosting a zillion photosis a very tall order to fill for a small server network, kids.

Using an offsite service takes a lot of heat offa Bri and Bry's equipment. :cry: :cry:

Not to mention the huge additional cost of bandwidth associated with picture hosting.

Ya, you don't live too far from me. Where do you normally ride? We should definitly do some riding. :cry:

Well, I sucessfully posted my picture last night. This morning I checked it and it was gone. There is just a big empty rectangle where to the picture used to be. I went to image station and they are temporily down. I am not sure if that is why the picture is gone. :cry: Oh well, I guess I will fool with it later. :cry:

Yeah, that would be why you can't see it now. Same thing happened to me last week with photobucket in the bf/hubby thread. Such is life on the internet :cry: Bummer, b/c I'm really hoping to see your bike!

Well, I sucessfully posted my picture last night. This morning I checked it and it was gone. There is just a big empty rectangle where to the picture used to be. I went to image station and they are temporily down. I am not sure if that is why the picture is gone. :cry: Oh well, I guess I will fool with it later. :cry:

That's why many of us in the CRF-450 forum switched from ImageStation to PhotoBucket, I.S. seems to be down more often than up. I have seen occasional outages with PB, but -very- few (hopefully it won't get worse with all the increased traffic though :cry: )

That's why many of us in the CRF-450 forum switched from ImageStation to PhotoBucket, I.S. seems to be down more often than up. I have seen occasional outages with PB, but -very- few (hopefully it won't get worse with all the increased traffic though :cry: )

Ya, I was able to sign up for photobucket this morning. The pic is up and I just have to resize it. :cry: