Muffler Polishing

No, your sub frame is bent..... if you look at the top, rear of the sub frame, you will see a small hole .. drop a weighted string from that point.. bet you find that weight on the left side of the tire.

Happens all the time on the S bikes.. so much sub frame hanging out back,, it takes a wack, where the E just folds over the fender.

Hey no biggie you can go for that rusted exhaust look. ?

Must be bent kinda bad. Also how wide are those tires / what PSI? They just seem extra wide from that photo.

Im probably just seein things.

or you have your rear wheel way misaligned.

Hrmmmm ? ... As in like 2 spacers on one side? ? :cry:

Luckily for some mechanically challenged folks out there they wouldn't even go on like that. ?

I haven't changed anything on the bike in a month or two. I haven't had any problems until after my last ride. I remembered I hit a rock at the bottom of a hill with the back tire and it kicked the whole back end sideways about a foot. It almost threw me off the bike. That was at the very end of the ride, so I would guess that it is what caused my problem. I can't see any bends in anything. Should I take the tire off and put it back on?

The chain adjusters are set the same. I lifted the bike and spun the tire. It doesn't look like it has any bend at all. It doesn't look like anything is bent. I can't see any bend in the subframe. Would I be able to see if it was bent? I would think the big hit to the rear tire would have caused the problem, but the tire looks fine. Any ideas? ?

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

Maybe not the greatest pictures, but its late, dark, and I am full of beer. If you want a close up of anything tell me. The thing has me stumped. I have never taken more than a slow speed fall on it. I think that high speed wack to the rear tire is about the worst I have done to it, and that is when the problem started, but I can't figure out what the problem is. ? :cry:

Mine did the exact same thing only worse. Right after I dropped it on the muffler. The mounting bracket on the muffler itself is very flimsy and bends easily. I ended up having to get a longer bolt for the muffler bracket and shimming it out quite a ways with washers. Make sure the other exhaust bolts are there also.

I unbolted, pried, pushed, and any thing else I thought might help. Now I am going to paint my bald spot, go for a ride tomorrow, and see if it worked. I have a brand new tire, but I dont want to wear off the right side knobs. I guess I will find out tomorrow.

I think it's just the muffler mount took a whack. You no doubt bottomed hard when the rock was hit. I've smacked a million of the things in my life. They do weird things to bikes. Hardest thing on a motorcycle I've found is an unexpected whack of either a ditch, rock or square out. Sure can knock everything out of whack. Just be glad it didn't cause you to wreck. More people wreck in Colorado because of rocks than anything else. They are mean buggers. prairiedawg ?