Sign in to follow this  

MX in the snow?

I am new to Utah, and have just ordered a 05 crf450, but I don’t think that it will be arriving any time soon :cry:. What do you guys do when the snow comes? Are there parts of Utah where it does not snow? What about Moab or local sand dunes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I am new to Utah, and have just ordered a 05 crf450, but I don’t think that it will be arriving any time soon :cry:. What do you guys do when the snow comes? Are there parts of Utah where it does not snow? What about Moab or local sand dunes? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

It depends on the severity of the winter. For the past few years, we have rode quite a bit thru the winter months. Sometimes you have to ride in some snow or mud, but that can be fun too.

A good riding coat and warm gloves are nice to have.

If things get real bad, there's always St. George or Mesquite (4 - 5 hours from SLC).

It doesn't really snow that much here in the valley. If your talking about MX tracks, they should be low enough in elevation to rarely be snow covered. If you want to ride mountain trails, they are pretty much snowbound from Mid-late October until around April. In fact I was riding in the snow on Monday just a couple hundred feet above Bountiful. I haven't been out myself, but heard that 5-mile pass and the Knolls are pretty much ridable year round. I think the thing to worry about is how to stay warm.

we just ride the dunes. knolls(70 west on I-80) or jericho. as long as its not frozen. frozen sand is like ridin across the ruts of a dried up muddy road. IT SUCKS! if there is some snow(4") it's a blast on the sport quads!

Like mls said...just head south for warmer regions. You'll find em. Jericho is always a great option and not far from the valley. Good Luck! :cry:

thanks guys, it's good to know that i will have somewhere go on my new bike. So down south it is!